account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 681 of 3,021
Message 681 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Thank you, Jake. I didn't get any advice after the download. Instead, another notification to download popped up.

I will try the xperia companion... Hope it works
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 682 of 3,021
Message 682 of 3,021

Best to wait to update to marshmallow / 6.0?

I've got a z5c in the US (Euro spec w/ fingerprint scanner).Should I wait to update to Marshmallow?  

I'm seeing so many bugs, like failure to boot, boot cycling, bluetooth audio issues, fingerprint scanner not working the same, people being required to repair the phone immediately after install.

At this point, why wouldn't I wait for these to all get ironed out, and just stick with lollipop, which is working great?  

I paused the download mid-update.   Advice?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 683 of 3,021
Message 683 of 3,021

Re: Best to wait to update to marshmallow / 6.0?

Update it. I have very few bugs but it's worth the performance and excellent battery life
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 684 of 3,021
Message 684 of 3,021

@zero_vertical

You should go for it an update your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 685 of 3,021
Message 685 of 3,021

Z5P stuck on 5.1.1

Hi guys, when i launch xperia companion, it says: No update available (in french)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 686 of 3,021
Message 686 of 3,021

Re: Z5P stuck on 5.1.1

@Panda951

Most likely the update has not been released in your country just yet, if your phone its locked to a carrier/network, you will have to wait for them to approve and release the update. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 687 of 3,021
Message 687 of 3,021

Alright, here we go!

*wince
Highlighted
Adept
Message 688 of 3,021
Message 688 of 3,021

IMO the current 6.0 firmware is still a little bit rough around the edges, with some bugs still persisting here and there, but overall compared to the awful Lollipop ROM we endured since October, the Marshmallow ROM is like a work of art! (way way way way way faster and more responsive/snappy, battery life isn't half bad either)

Go for it... with a little bit of luck, the April update will fix the persisting bugs and make the ROM feel more refined.

In its current state the Marshmallow firmware is far from perfect, but it's very promising

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 689 of 3,021
Message 689 of 3,021

If you use Bluetooth audio at all, WAIT. The update will render your BT audio basically unusable. 

Otherwise, it's an excellent update. Much better battery life in particular.

Talent
Message 690 of 3,021
Message 690 of 3,021

Given my issues and significant degradation in battery life since the upgrade, I'd add a note of caution and wait.

I was actually quite happy with the previous Lollipop released with the fixed messaging issues which were there on release.