account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Adviser
Message 631 of 3,016
Message 631 of 3,016

Marshmallow update not working Z5 Compact

Running PC Companion 2.10.303 on Windows 10 Pro x64. Phone is a Z5 Compact. When I connect the phone via USB, unlock the screen, and start PC Companion, it tells me that there is a software update for the phone available (32.1.A.1.163), but when I click the Update button in the dialog, the dialog disappears but nothing happens.

Inhabitant
Message 632 of 3,016
Message 632 of 3,016

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Uninstall companion, reboot, reinstall and try again.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 633 of 3,016
Message 633 of 3,016

Where is the update to Marshmallow?

And will the unified memory feature be supported for us peasants with the POS 8GB M4?

Inhabitant
Message 634 of 3,016
Message 634 of 3,016

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Just heard that my friend Z5 phone got marshmallow in UK
But not sure what network he is on.
Still no marshmallow update for sim free variants though....seems quite strange that these z5's seem to be getting update last.
Adviser
Message 635 of 3,016
Message 635 of 3,016

Still nothing on my unlocked Xperia Z5 Compact Slightly frowning Face

Running on the tesco network but it's an unlocked phone, sony companion is telling me I'm up to date on 5.1.1 Slightly frowning Face

Anyone  in UK got Z5C updated? Anyone know the specific time scales for unlocked phones? Does companion check your carrier even if phone unlocked?

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 636 of 3,016
Message 636 of 3,016

Re: Where is the update to Marshmallow?

One time poster
Message 637 of 3,016
Message 637 of 3,016

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Z5 - Australia

Anyone know when Marshmallow will be available for the Z5 in Australia?
Talent
Message 638 of 3,016
Message 638 of 3,016

Looks like none of the unlocked UK devices have Marshmallow yet.  Only O2 / Virgin / Vodafone have it so far.  From what I remember Sony don't do releases during weekends so we'll have to wait until Monday.

For a better idea on which device / country has been updated; try Xperifrm 

The following is from the Z4 tablet - 13/03/2016 @ 04:55.  I've sorted in latest release order so its a bit clearer which ones have Marshmallow. "Customized xxx" are unlocked devices.  

z4.png

Message 639 of 3,016
Message 639 of 3,016

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Z5 - Australia

@j0nesyy

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on PC Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 640 of 3,016
Message 640 of 3,016

Can't update my Sony Xperia Z5

Update center and pc companion don't show new Android 6.0 update for my Xperia z5. Help to solve this problem, please.