account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Commissioner
Message 521 of 3,018
Message 521 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Message 522 of 3,018
Message 522 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Upgraded generic response now to:
Very Soony

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 523 of 3,018
Message 523 of 3,018

Marshmallow update for xperia m4 aqua dual

What's going on? sony why ur efforts are not seen to us. Exactly When we will get android 6.0 for sony xperia m4 aqua dual. We are at 5.0 right now cheapest brand gives higher version android then us. Atleast give us a date or maonth in which update will roll out.
Message 524 of 3,018
Message 524 of 3,018

Not true, most mm rollout are still at flagship level and even some flagships are still not on mm yet. Patience, it will come.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 525 of 3,018
Message 525 of 3,018

Z5 series are reportedly getting 6.0 now  in Japan 

Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.

Message 526 of 3,018
Message 526 of 3,018

Yes they are,

One time poster
Message 527 of 3,018
Message 527 of 3,018

Android M for Z1 Compact

Hi, didn't see a topic name for "Z1 (Compact) and Android M" though I discovered http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-6-When-are-we-getting-Marshmallow-Which-Xperi... which seems to get all such posts merged in.

Could we get more information as in *why* adding Android 6 for Z1(C) is any additional work than say, Z2? Besides testing.

Z1 Compact is still a great device, so blessing it with M would be nice Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 528 of 3,018
Message 528 of 3,018

Re: Android M for Z1 Compact

@madis89

Questions regarding which devices will get the update? when? etc are merged to this topic. There's no more info as the reasoning behind it. If Sony post any info will be on the official news blog 

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/sony-mobile-in-the-news/?rl=global-en

Keep in mind that this is a user based forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 529 of 3,018
Message 529 of 3,018

Marshmallow Update?

When can we expect marshmallow Update for Xperia Z2?
Message 530 of 3,018
Message 530 of 3,018

Re: Marshmallow Update?

@RajeshVK

There's no official statements from Sony about the exact timing of Marshmallow updates till the moment, thus you may not find such information on this forums. I suggest that you keep tuned to the official Sony Blog, this is where such statements are announced.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.