account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Regular
Message 461 of 3,017
Message 461 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

WeO
One time poster
Message 462 of 3,017
Message 462 of 3,017

Android 6 roll out?

When will Android 6 for Sony Z3 out ?
Message 463 of 3,017
Message 463 of 3,017

Re: A suggestion for Sony Mobile boss about Marshmallow

@uliwooly wrote:

@AnnoyedUKCustomer

could you elaborate, is it an opinion or a fact?  thanks 

@AnnoyedUKCustomer wrote:

I bet that it is taking them such a long time because they need to find a way around the new Android permission run-time check... All their intrusive bloatware needs to have access to personal data otherwise they cannot "monetise" their customers.

if its a fact, please add the source link.

I have already answered. It's an opinion based on previous experience.

All the following Sony apps have introduced intrusive collection of personal data in the last year or two:

- TV Remote/SideView whatever is called now

- Album

- TrackID

- Currency Converter

- Xperia Keyboard

- Movie Creator

- Sketch

- Remote for Sony TV

- What's New

- Get More (still nobody has explained what this thing is doing)

- probably something more that I can't remember now....

Sony doesn't make money with phones so, like Google, they must make money from our personal data. MM makes this a tad more difficult so they are ensuring that they continue doing it....

I don't have a link to post apart from the old Rootkit link that shows Sony is not new do this...

Learner
Message 464 of 3,017
Message 464 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Why is it taking so long to update their flagship phone? Come on Sony, sort it out. When my sons Motor G 2nd generation is updated before your flagship phone, you should be ashamed.

All I really want is an update to stop photos looking smeary, but I hope Sony sorts itself out, or this is the last Sony I'll buy for the next few years.
Talent
Message 465 of 3,017
Message 465 of 3,017

@Danny_Brewer wrote:
Why is it taking so long to update their flagship phone? Come on Sony, sort it out. When my sons Motor G 2nd generation is updated before your flagship phone, you should be ashamed.

All I really want is an update to stop photos looking smeary, but I hope Sony sorts itself out, or this is the last Sony I'll buy for the next few years.

Moto G 2nd Gen (the 2014 mid-end phone) already got MM beta in January. And finally got the final build 6 days ago:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/01/21/android-6-0-soak-test-is-starting-for-the-2nd-gen-moto-g-in-...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/02/10/moto-g-2nd-gen-marshmallow-update-is-widely-rolling-out-in-i...

We don't even have a Beta in Z5 / Z5 Compact to colaborate... 

The fact that there is a Z3 beta (concept) and there is no Z5 beta (a much newer and bugged phone that needs more fixes than it predecesor) pissed me off. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 466 of 3,017
Message 466 of 3,017

Android 6 for Z2

Hi, When we can expect Android 6 for Z2? now it's been over 03 months after announcment of from Sony and no response after that and there are some reports says Sony omitted Z2 from new Marshmellow update it that true?

Commissioner
Message 467 of 3,017
Message 467 of 3,017

Re: Android 6 for Z2

Soon 6.0 will come to Z3+ ---> Certified Sw. Approved

Message 468 of 3,017
Message 468 of 3,017

Z5,z4,z3+
March week 1 rollout.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 469 of 3,017
Message 469 of 3,017

Software update

Hi all just seen in another post that the new software update is due March 7th, is this when it is released to network providers for them to add their bits and pieces? If so I'm guessing for some of us it could be sometime before we see the update.

Inhabitant
Message 470 of 3,017
Message 470 of 3,017

I have Experia Z3 with android 4.4.4. Can I update directly to 6.0 or do I have take the 5.0/5.1 update first?