account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 421 of 3,020
Message 421 of 3,020

Xperia Z5 Compact Update?

Hello

Since a while it is known that we are going to get an Upgrade to Marshmallow for the Z5 - now my Phone constantly claims it's still up to date.

Is there any information when the 6.0 Update will be available/released?

Thanks

Adept
Message 422 of 3,020
Message 422 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Anyone got signed in pre release program?
Learner
Message 423 of 3,020
Message 423 of 3,020

Sony Z2 beta firmware Marshmallow pre relased

Hii

I have read on XDA forum that today the beta firmware is pre relased

One question to those who are in the beta program

It is not available in my country thats why I ask

How long does it usually take from pre relased to offical relase??

Thank you in advance for your answer

By the way 

SONY YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 424 of 3,020
Message 424 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

still no any information or any screen shot about marshmallow.now there is no certified firmware on PTCRB.so we don't know when will it received..some site said now seeding,last month some site said it will received mid of Feb.only we have 5 days for mid of Feb will see.. i think they will release it on this week if they unable to release actually they fail.sad to say it i have Xperia Z5 premium Dual latest Sony phone but no marshmallow. Crying Face

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

Adept
Message 425 of 3,020
Message 425 of 3,020

Xperia Z2 Marshmallow Prerelease Beta Program

Sony got to release a new Prerelease Beta of Marshmallow for selected countrys. Theres an Registryapp out for it. But unfortunitly no information about release time or specific countrys for this beta.
One time poster
Message 426 of 3,020
Message 426 of 3,020

How about xperia z c6602, is there any up date for marshmallow?
Message 427 of 3,020
Message 427 of 3,020

Re: Sony Z2 beta firmware Marshmallow pre relased

@brljak83 wrote:

How long does it usually take from pre relased to offical relase??

It can easily take months depending on country and operator for your phone. Unbranded phones are typically the last to receive the updates, at least in some countries.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 428 of 3,020
Message 428 of 3,020

Release Marshmallow

Is it a strategic move of you guys letting us waiting that you can release marshmallow at mwc?

You're already done with it so why keep us waiting?

Adept
Message 429 of 3,020
Message 429 of 3,020

Android 6.0

When android 6.0 (marshmallow) will be available for my z5?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 430 of 3,020
Message 430 of 3,020

Re: Android 6.0

Hi cakiMK,

I suggest you keep up to date with the News section of our website, it will let you know a timeframe for the 6.0 release in general. Regarding release for your region, its best you speak with Customer Care, however it is not likely they will know at this stage.

News

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.