account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 391 of 3,006
Message 391 of 3,006

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Sailor79

Have you repaired the phone with PCC? have you ran diagnostics?

settings > about phone > diagnostics > test 

you might have a hardware test. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 392 of 3,006
Message 392 of 3,006

Re: when will z5p update?

@kimicristiano @Samstein

There's no info on this, also, keep in mind that this is a user based forum

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 393 of 3,006
Message 393 of 3,006

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Z1 and Z1 compact also get marshmallows but later after z5 to z2
Emperor
Message 394 of 3,006
Message 394 of 3,006

@rajuxperia

Has this been announced by Sony? if it has please post the source link, thanks.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 395 of 3,006
Message 395 of 3,006

When will my z3 compact get android 6? Its been on lollipop 5.1 for a while now and i read somewhere that sony should be releasing 6.0 around the end of January, its now the 5th of February? My phone and sim are from giffgaff (part of O2) if this helps.
Emperor
Message 396 of 3,006
Message 396 of 3,006

@692

There's no info as to when it'll be released, keep in mind that one its released, O2/Giffgaff has to approve and release the update. 

Genius
Message 397 of 3,006
Message 397 of 3,006

Guys and gals, there are lot of blog posts that say that Sony will release in February or it is already rolling out Marshmallow for Z5 and Z3 devices. This is false, those blogs are just click baits, small frauds.

Sony is just testing in some European countries a prototype of of marshmallow experience which is not definitive at all.

Also many blogs claims that Sony stated will update Z/Z1 series to marshmallow, this is also false.

Always doubt of what you read, if it's not coming from official Sony news/posts just disregard and mark as spam.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Talent
Message 398 of 3,006
Message 398 of 3,006

Post your opinion about Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Sony begin the update of Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Z5.

http://www.gsmarena.com/android_60_marshmallow_now_seeding_on_sony_xperia_z5-news-16464.php

Adept
Message 399 of 3,006
Message 399 of 3,006

Theres no rollout until sony make a blogpost.
Emperor
Message 400 of 3,006
Message 400 of 3,006

Re: Post your opinion about Android 6.0 Marshmallow

@andysoft @rajuxperia As long as Sony doesn't post on their official website/news blog, don't believe anything else, @dkionline is correct.