account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 281 of 3,020
Message 281 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@bubimir13
Sir, if you say about Eol...then Sony should consider T3 E3 and E4 whose Eol of 18 months is not still ended...even T3 and E3 were just released 3 and 1 month prior to release of Lollipop...where is Lollipop for them??? Sony didn't stick to its policy...it just fooled it's customers!!!
Talent
Message 282 of 3,020
Message 282 of 3,020

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Well they dont say they guarantee you software upgrades to newer versions. Altough i presonally dont agree with this way, there are some other OEMs who do not even publish updates or bug fixes for their phones. For instance, look at some Samsung (Core II, Galaxy S3 Neo...), HTC (626, 510...) and even Huawei, Lenovo or Xiaomi models in low to mid range who did not pass 4.4.4 KK. Most of 2014. did get to 5.0 at least, but there is where they stop.

BUT Z1 was released in Sep. 2013. same time as Galaxy Note 3 was published, and guess what, neider of them is getting MM. Not even Galaxy S4, published in March the same year, and not even LG G Flex who didnt even pass 4.2 JB and was outted in Novermber 2013 with same internals as Z1. Nor HTC One M7 and Lenovo Vibe Z. So, there is in fact no guarantee that OEMs will be supporting further upgrades, and the line has to be drawn somewhere for OEMs to be able to concentrate better on existing and further phones and not spend to much resources for phones that are low to mid range and flagships 2-3 years ago. 

One time poster
Message 283 of 3,020
Message 283 of 3,020

when i'll get Android 6.0 on xperia z3 dual (D6633)? im living in pakistan. 

Adviser
Message 284 of 3,020
Message 284 of 3,020

Z1 compact is releast in january 2014. so it was not 2 years old when mm is realest from Sony! Mamiću

Adviser
Message 285 of 3,020
Message 285 of 3,020

Re: How to downgrade the firmware

can I get 6.0 update for Xperia c3
Enthusiast
Message 286 of 3,020
Message 286 of 3,020

Android phones are supposed to get major upgrades for 18 months after release.   Nobody sticks to this though.

Regular
Message 287 of 3,020
Message 287 of 3,020

Marsmallow update

Hello People ! It concerns me the new Marhmallow android version . Most of devices got it , now is following my question : will update be anytime soon avaiable for Xperia Z3 Europe region ? I am constantly checking my update center app but nothing new ... Searching in google shows me its already avaible , but i didnt got it . Should i follow some special steps to get it or the update it is not yet avaible ? Will be avaible in future ? Thanks !
Emperor
Message 288 of 3,020
Message 288 of 3,020

Re: Marsmallow update

@Mehe

It has not been released just yet. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 289 of 3,020
Message 289 of 3,020

@uliwooly , any ideea when it will be ? Or will it be at least ?
Emperor
Message 290 of 3,020
Message 290 of 3,020

@Mehe

There's no info on that, but the Z5 series will get it first 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)