account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 221 of 3,021
Message 221 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

And how about experia z1?
Message 222 of 3,021
Message 222 of 3,021

You can update

hi guys i think u can update xperia z,z1 to marshmallow because HTC is updateing desire 816 and i think xperia z,z1 are a lot better than HTC desire 816 by hardware specifications . that's why please update xperia z,z1 please think about it..

I hope we xperia users will get positive feedback you.

thank you.......!

Emperor
Message 223 of 3,021
Message 223 of 3,021

Re: You can update

@krishnachaithanya

I have both devices, but sadly, neither of them will get marshmallow

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 224 of 3,021
Message 224 of 3,021

When will Z ultra be updated to 6.0?

When the new Android update marshmallow 6.0 is going to be available for Xperia z ultra???

Genius
Message 225 of 3,021
Message 225 of 3,021

Re: Z ultra update 6.0

As per what i know, there is still no official list of Xperia Z1/Z Ultra will be updated to 6.0

Maybe Z Ultra will be updated in the second or third batch after the Z5/Z4/Z3 series
AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24
One time poster
Message 226 of 3,021
Message 226 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

When update marshmallows to Sony Z 1 please give us the update this powerful Sony device
Commissioner
Message 227 of 3,021
Message 227 of 3,021

For xperia z1 go to this site and you can read: 

Latest version

Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
2015-09

So no marshmallows planed like for example z2 will be updated: update

Adviser
Message 228 of 3,021
Message 228 of 3,021

When is the marshmallow update will be available in Egypt
One time poster
Message 229 of 3,021
Message 229 of 3,021

Android 6.0 update for Xperia Z Ultra

Will Sony gonna release Android Marshmallow Update for Xperia Z Ultra...?? Please let me know

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 230 of 3,021
Message 230 of 3,021

Xperia Support UK reply on Xperia T3 Lollipop release:
"Software updates are tested on devices and only released if they improve the performance of the particular handset and not if they degrade the performance. "

Why do they think we don't know that all the 2014 midrangers run the same SoC??

Xperia Support US reply:
"Release of software updates depend on the operators, regions in which you are located"

Why do these people think that operators and local support in particular regions release the updates??? Why don't they just say we are not getting lollipop on T3 even if it's there in the official 18 month support period??

Very bad Sony......