account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Learner
Message 181 of 3,018
Message 181 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

It's not ok to m2 does not get android M, because the phone is still young. There is not two years since he got out . If Sony does not allow the Android M to m2, definitely I will never take the Sony phone. People from countries with low standards do not have enough money every year to buy a new phone from higher classes. Take this into consideration.
Enthusiast
Message 182 of 3,018
Message 182 of 3,018

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Sony is discouraging it's users to not buy Sony again!!! Xperia T3 didn't get Lollipop yet!!! Just don't release products that you don't want to support!!! Never buying an Xperia again after Xperia T3...it's not at all supported with any software update!!! Thats really bad Sony....T3 and E3 didn't receive anything...no software update like Lollipop to these devices...please we request you Sony, don't release products that you don't want to give updates...you have really discouraged many users from buying Sony again!!!

Enthusiast
Message 183 of 3,018
Message 183 of 3,018

I thought manufacturers had to support android for 18 months after release with major updates of android.  You should contant sony and google and ask what their policy is here.  Ask the people at the very top of the company; it's easy to get their email addresses.  Keep emailing them every few days until you get a response. Perhaps CC in another 20 or 30 people from various parts of the company too; they should eventually answer you just to make the email campaign stop!

Inhabitant
Message 184 of 3,018
Message 184 of 3,018

M2 aqua has too many issues after lollipop update we deserve an update to android m since sony failed with the previous update ...😠
One time poster
Message 185 of 3,018
Message 185 of 3,018

Hello,

I'm having issues with my network and data connection on my Z3, updated with Android 5.1.1 (23.4.a.1.200).

I'm not sure it's coming from the current version installed on the phone but it happened to me recently.

Most of the time, it's "No Service" and sometimes, it manages to connect but signal is weak where I used to be able to load Youtube videos easily and I barely manage to call without it being cut.

I tried the sim card in another phone and it's working properly. I also tried another sim in my phone and I got the same issue.

I repaired the phone with PCCompanion but still not better. I updated apn parameters, put back default values, nothing seems to solve it.

The phone is just okay with WiFi, I really hope next update will be able to correct this issue.

Any idea ?

Regards,

John

Enthusiast
Message 186 of 3,018
Message 186 of 3,018

Yes Sony answer us...your own policy says that you are supporting your device with major updates for 18 months? Or your policy is just like kick out the device which is not popular? You don't care about these users? Who use T3 and E3? They trust you for your quality and support...but seriously after this we are not going to buy an Xperia!!! Because T3 and E3 deserve an update...Other manufacturers are giving updates to their 2014 devices...Moto E runs Lollipop on 4Gb internal...and here the experts say it's not possible...T3 is better than M2 in specs...but it's not updated because it doesn't have many users out there...so is this Sony's policy? To just kick out unpopular devices without caring that it is still used by some users? Bad game Sony...you are just making your users angry...I know...for this the Support staff will only answer that it is the company's decision after all and we don't have any information for that...

Enthusiast
Message 187 of 3,018
Message 187 of 3,018

Android Marshmallow due Jan. Allegedly

One time poster
Message 188 of 3,018
Message 188 of 3,018

dont leave your products without updates!!! plz marshmallow for z1Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 189 of 3,018
Message 189 of 3,018

Just check this link guys....a funny thing from Sony!!!! This minor update was certified on 03/07/2015...but not released at all....Sony doesn't even care for Xperia T3 users!!!And users are expecting Lollipop for this model...Thats just bad Sony...please update Xperia T3 with Lollipop ....

Minor Xperia T3 update certified for HSPA+ (18.2.A.2.38) and LTE (18.1.A.2.32) versions  

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/07/03/minor-xperia-t3-update-certified-for-hspa-18-2-a-2-38-and-lte-1...

One time poster
Message 190 of 3,018
Message 190 of 3,018

We want update for Z1!