account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Learner
Message 81 of 3,021
Message 81 of 3,021

When will we get the Android 6 marshmallow update?

I would like to know what the recent updated included and fixed in the C5 Ultra please?

I would also love to know when we will be recieving Android 6 Marshmallow

@thebounsir
Genius
Message 82 of 3,021
Message 82 of 3,021

Re: When will we get the Android 6 marshmallow update?

Hi @bounsir

The update will first need to be authorised by your network or country before Sony is authorised to release it to your device. Also operator locked phones takes much longer that other phones to receive their updates because they have to be extensively verified by the carrier before release. You can check these links for more information:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/category/software-upgrades-2/

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Learner
Message 83 of 3,021
Message 83 of 3,021

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I am very anxious to get this update as well. I thought i was getting it today as i opened my sony mobile companion sofware and saw there was a new firmware update but it wasn't Marshmallow Crying Face

@thebounsir
Learner
Message 84 of 3,021
Message 84 of 3,021

Re: When will we get the Android 6 marshmallow update?

For those that are getting it, Dec or Jan...
One time poster
Message 85 of 3,021
Message 85 of 3,021

Re: Android 6 When are we getting Marshmallow? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact was released in January 2014, I bought it in March.
Where two years of support???

Adviser
Message 86 of 3,021
Message 86 of 3,021

M5 Update

Hello,

Is there a schedule of some kind to look at about when M5 users are going to get new Android updates?

There is a lot of info about new M5s having Android 5.1.1 out of the box, and that eventually, there's going to be Android 6.0 on this device.

Will appreciate comments, confirms, anything.

TY.

Message 87 of 3,021
Message 87 of 3,021

Re: M5 Update

The official statement from Sony (Source), Xperia M5 is among the priliminary list of devices that will get Andoid M update. But regarding the timing, this was the exact statement:

"We’ve been working hard to bring this major update to as many of our devices as possible, as quickly as we can."

Sony usully don't give exact timings about updates unless it has been approved and due release, so keep tuned on the Blog site to know the news.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 88 of 3,021
Message 88 of 3,021

Thanks a lot, Quester, that's all I wanted.

Cheers!

Message 89 of 3,021
Message 89 of 3,021

Any time, glad to help.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 90 of 3,021
Message 90 of 3,021

z1

I think that Z1 and Z1 Compact should be get the Update also.
Z1 series is a flagship model