account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 681 of 1,262
Message 681 of 1,262

Software updated but still shows version 5.1

Last evening my Sony Xperia Z3 compact got a software update. As part of the process my phone also got restarted a number of times. At the end it did say that my phone is updated with the latest version of Android. However, when I check the current version of the software it still shows android 5.1. Please let me know how to check if there is any problem. Also please note that yesterday just before the update I have unlocked my phone from Vodafone simply and currently using a Local sim
Message 682 of 1,262
Message 682 of 1,262

Re: Software updated but still shows version 5.1

@Sujoy

Nothing wrong with that, the latest update for Z3 series is still based of Android 5.1.1, it should be a maintenance update by Sony to improve some feature and/or bug fixing.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 683 of 1,262
Message 683 of 1,262

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

When is the newest update supposed to be hitting north America, specifically Canada?

Hope it fixes the random rebooting and system incidents aswell.
Message 684 of 1,262
Message 684 of 1,262

Xperia Z5 E6653 32.0.A.6.200?

Hi, I have an E6653 and the current software version is 6.152. I saw some posts that said they got new software, 6.200. I checked my software update on the phone, it said Your device is up to date. I checked it on PCC and it shows the same info, your phone has the latest software.... What should I do? This is a unlocked E6653 : (

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 685 of 1,262
Message 685 of 1,262

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

The latest update is

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz5/software/

Latest available software: 32.0.A.6.152
Inhabitant
Message 686 of 1,262
Message 686 of 1,262

Any news on the Lollipop update/bug fix?

Now that we know an update that is supposed to fix the problems with the current Lollipop build is coming I think we need a clean and coherent thread for any news regarding the update itself.

Please don't spam this thread with any other issues you have, there are already countless threads for all the problems that occured since Lollipop 5.1.1., we need a thread that is easy to read through Slightly smiling Face

Anyway, are there any news about this fix yet? I know it's probably not coming so soon, but if anybody can clear out what problems will this new update fix, I'd appreciate it Slightly smiling Face

Again, don't write about your problems with Lollipop here, this is just so we can have all the possible news about the update (that will be coming in the future) gathered in one place Slightly smiling Face

Message 687 of 1,262
Message 687 of 1,262

Re: Any news on the Lollipop update/bug fix?

@19Eddie88

As far as I know, official Sony staff Rickard pointed out the Camera issue and the GPS isuue. Sony usually doesn't give exact dates for future updates but hopefully it won't be a long wait.

More details: Xperia Blog

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 688 of 1,262
Message 688 of 1,262

Minor update version 14.6.A.1.236 not showing but shows 14.6.A.1.216 after updated its firmware.

Hi team, kindly refer link http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/12/04/minor-update-14-6-a-1-236-now-rolling-to-xperia-z1-z-ultra-and-...
My current os lollipop 5.1.1, Xperia z1
Please fixed it asap.
Enthusiast
Message 689 of 1,262
Message 689 of 1,262

Re: Minor update version 14.6.A.1.236 not showing but shows 14.6.A.1.216 after updated its firmware.

And I don't think to make software repaired is the best solution. Thank
Emperor
Message 690 of 1,262
Message 690 of 1,262

Re: Minor update version 14.6.A.1.236 not showing but shows 14.6.A.1.216 after updated its firmware.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz1/software/

Latest available software

You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

Android version: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)

Latest available software: 14.6.A.1.216

Release started: 2015-11-05

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)