account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Message 21 of 1,144
Message 21 of 1,144

Re: Is it true that we'll recieve Lollipop 5.1 next month?

If you are updating with PC Companion, there's a probabilty that you'll get a full image update. So you'll not need to download the 2-3 updates of version 5.0.2. Meanwhile, OTA updating will download the updates one by one, so you'll get the original 5.0.2 update and the couple of bug-fixing updates before the 5.1 update to be installed.

Downloading a FTF file and installing it by flashtool will not require upgrading to 5.0 first, you can jump even 100 updates but I suggest a full wipe in this case.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Talent
Message 22 of 1,144
Message 22 of 1,144

Re: Is it true that we'll recieve Lollipop 5.1 next month?

Thanks for Quester and Xuzumiya and all the people on this forum. you all are helping. Thanks a lot.

One time poster
Message 23 of 1,144
Message 23 of 1,144

No Xperia E3 5.1 upgrade?

Sony has recently listed the devices which will get the 5.1 upgrade, and two of them were the Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Aqua.

How can these devices get Lollipop while Xperia E3 can not? They have the exact same hardware. The only differences I can find is the slightly bigger screen and the waterproof feature.

Elite
Message 24 of 1,144
Message 24 of 1,144

Re: No Xperia E3 5.1 upgrade?

@JohnM1

Dont create duplicate posts, just post on this ongoing thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-5-1-When-are-we-getting-Lollipop-Which-Xperia...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 25 of 1,144
Message 25 of 1,144

android lollipop 5.1 image is the "final" image? safe to upgrade manually?

in  this post:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-5-1-When-are-we-getting-Lollipop-Which-Xperi...

i saw this link with 5.1 binaries

http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/tool/software-binaries-for-aosp-lollipop-android-5-1/

is this waht will be rolled out to Z3's in july or will there be a more "updated" version?

thanks!

Adept
Message 26 of 1,144
Message 26 of 1,144

Re: Lollipop update is a mixed bag

Any idea of when 5.1 will start to be circulated?

5.0 came out really quick for me last time... unbranded, UK.

Adviser
Message 27 of 1,144
Message 27 of 1,144

Android Lolipop coming to M2 series !!

Sony confirmed that Android Lollipop 5.1 will be available for M2 series, skipping the 5.0.
Master
Message 28 of 1,144
Message 28 of 1,144

Re: Android Lolipop coming to M2 series !!

You can read more about this here:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2015/06/04/android-5-0-lollipop-rolls-for-the-xperia-z-series-android-5-...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 29 of 1,144
Message 29 of 1,144

Re: Android Lolipop coming to M2 series !!

And about Xperia T3?

Adept
Message 30 of 1,144
Message 30 of 1,144

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

We need wifi direct without 3rd party app
also more battery life will be good