account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 1 of 1,262
Message 1 of 1,262

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Well, we’re excited to confirm that we’ll be upgrading those products*, as well as Xperia T2 Ultra* and Xperia C3* to Android 5.1, starting from July.

We’ve also seen a fevered raft of feedback and requests for us to extend our Android Lollipop rollout to other products in the portfolio – so, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be bumping Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Aqua directly to Android 5.1. The upgrade will start a little after we’ve made the update available for the Xperia Z Series, but stay tuned as we’ll share more on timings soon.

Be sure to follow the blog and @SonyMobileNews for all the latest as our rollout continues.

*Timing and availability may vary by market and/or carrier

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Here is Google official announcement 

Capture.PNG

Today we are rolling out Android 5.1 - an update to Lollipop that improves stability and performance and offers a few new features like support for multiple SIM cards, Device Protection and high definition (HD) voice on compatible phones.

Whether you want to share your phone with a family member or better manage your mobile costs, Android Lollipop 5.1 now lets you use more than one SIM card on a device with multiple SIM slots.

With Device Protection, your lost or stolen device will remain locked until you sign in with your Google account - even if someone resets your device to factory settings. This feature will be available on most Android phones and tablets shipped with Android 5.1 in addition to Nexus 6 and Nexus 9.

High Definition voice calling is now on your mobile phone. Get crystal clear calling with HD Voice between compatible Android 5.1 devices like the Nexus 6 on T-Mobile or Verizon.

Android 5.1 Lollipop also provides enhancements such as the ability to join Wi-Fi networks and control of your paired Bluetooth devices directly from Quick Settings.

We hope you enjoy these tasty additions to Android Lollipop as you get more out of your Android phone and tablet.

Posted by Dave Burke, VP, Android Platform

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

1,261 REPLIES 1,261
Emperor
Message 2 of 1,262
Message 2 of 1,262

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 3 of 1,262
Message 3 of 1,262

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Rumor

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/04/04/has-android-5-1-just-been-certified-for-the-xperia-z3-and-z3-co...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 4 of 1,262
Message 4 of 1,262

Re: inquiry....

@Mystique

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-5-1-When-are-we-getting-Lollipop-Which-Xperia...

Emperor
Message 5 of 1,262
Message 5 of 1,262

UPDATE

Well, we’re excited to confirm that we’ll be upgrading those products*, as well as Xperia T2 Ultra* and Xperia C3* to Android 5.1, starting from July.

We’ve also seen a fevered raft of feedback and requests for us to extend our Android Lollipop rollout to other products in the portfolio – so, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be bumping Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Aqua directly to Android 5.1. The upgrade will start a little after we’ve made the update available for the Xperia Z Series, but stay tuned as we’ll share more on timings soon.

Be sure to follow the blog and @SonyMobileNews for all the latest as our rollout continues.

Source link

Talent
Message 6 of 1,262
Message 6 of 1,262

Android 5.1.1 update

Good news...

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/

Android 5.0, Lollipop rolls for the Xperia Z Series, Android 5.1 coming for Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Aqua…

You might’ve seen our Android 5.0, Lollipop upgrade start for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z – it just keeps on rolling out as we speak to more and more markets worldwide*.

And now that Android 5.0, Lollipop upgrades are rolling across regions for all our Xperia Z, Z1, Z2 and Z3 products, what’s next?

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 1,262
Message 7 of 1,262

Z1s 5.1

Will z1s get the 5.1 update?
Emperor
Message 8 of 1,262
Message 8 of 1,262

Re: Z1s 5.1

@rob420

July 

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 1,262
Message 9 of 1,262

Thanks
Emperor
Message 10 of 1,262
Message 10 of 1,262

@rob420

Anytime