account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 911 of 1,258
Message 911 of 1,258

Re: Sony Xperia M2 (2305) Updates

@Charly_Rammstein

Perhaps your carrier/network it's not going to release the update. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 912 of 1,258
Message 912 of 1,258

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

It's available by movistar company but be careful because many bugs appeared in comparison with kit kat version. Let us know did it properly work for you
One time poster
Message 913 of 1,258
Message 913 of 1,258

New Android for Xperia E

Good day. When Android Lollipop or Marshmallow come to my Sony Xperia E4g?
Learner
Message 914 of 1,258
Message 914 of 1,258

Please UPDATE E5333 Dual in 5.1 [FRANCE]

Hello, in France we are still 5.0 it's not normal at all!

Please update us !!!!!!!!

Capture.PNG

One time poster
Message 915 of 1,258
Message 915 of 1,258

No update

Hi,
My phone didn't get updated yet why is that
Message 916 of 1,258
Message 916 of 1,258

Re: No update

Because it's not available yet would be my guess.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 917 of 1,258
Message 917 of 1,258

Sony Xperia E4 Dual

E4 will be updated to Android Lollipop sooner?!
One time poster
Message 918 of 1,258
Message 918 of 1,258

How can I update my phone?

I want to update my Sony Xperia M2 , But I don't know how can I do it. Can anyone help me. ? 

Inhabitant
Message 919 of 1,258
Message 919 of 1,258

Lollipop Update for Xperia T3

I am not speculating about this topic, but on Google I saw a post about T3 getting a Lollipop update. The website issued date is of 25/09/2015. I dunno about the whole thing, but the website said that the update is said to "be officially announced" marking 5.1.1 as the last update moving beyond 4.4.4. So can anyone clarify me whether it is true or did you all get this update. Plus check out "Sony Xperia T3 lollipop update", you will find whether I am lying or not.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 920 of 1,258
Message 920 of 1,258

Software support for E4g

Has software support for Xperia E4g ended? Is this because this is a Mediatek powerd device so it doesn't deserve an update. I think the processor is more than sufficient to run lollipop or marshmallow. That should improve the user experience by using all the latest android optimizations.
Because not all software bugs are fixed like multi-touch that sometimes doesn't work. Or when you type on the keyboard it sometimes doesn't react to touch. Sometimes the back button seems to not respond for a few seconds or not at all. Playback of videos sometimes seams choppy and unreliable. And what about security patches, I think at least we deserve that and we deserve a stable phone. The phone sometimes restarts itself in a loop that is only solved by a forced shutdown.
Also about the build quality: the letters on the back seem to come off easily and the top left corner or the phone developed a yellow tinted line that is visible on every background.
My device is Sony Xperia E4g E2003 software version: 25.0.A.2.31 Android 4.4.4
Since I bought the phone I only got one update and that is all the support for this phone.
I would be very thankful if someone forwards this feedback internally. This is a great device and deserves better software support. I like the Xperia brand, but this phone was the option I could afford at time I bought it and I don't want to be condemned to no future updates because of that.
Kind regards
Alex