account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Master
Message 631 of 1,263
Message 631 of 1,263

Re: ssoftware update

You can find the latest available software update information on our product blog. Unfortunately we don't have any further information.

If want to know more about software roll out process and how it works please see this topic.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 632 of 1,263
Message 632 of 1,263

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Isn't Xperia T3 still in the company's update period? Released in July 2014, it still has 3 months to go that the company should provide further updates? What is Sony doing? The lower specs Xperia M2 got it and T3 didn't...is Sony only updating it's popular phones? Marshmallow is released now and Sony still didn't update T3 with Lollipop ? Neither it has announced anything....this is not justice with T3 users!!!

Rookie
Message 633 of 1,263
Message 633 of 1,263

Software update not working

I have z3 and 23.4.1.1.200.

There is New update aviable, but my software tell me " i have the Last update".

What's wrong?

Emperor
Message 634 of 1,263
Message 634 of 1,263

Re: Software update not working

@Pardobweb25

Just like any update you have to wait for it to be approved and released in your country, if your phone is or was locked to a carrier/network branded, you will have to wait for them, to approve and release the update, not Sony. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 635 of 1,263
Message 635 of 1,263

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I got a notification to update my terminal but then disappeared, I have another z3 with the same company and if it is updated. The problem is not my provider and my country.
Adept
Message 636 of 1,263
Message 636 of 1,263

Why the phone doesn't update?

The others sony xperia zs has a new update even the first sony z why our phone doesn't has the update sony app?
Emperor
Message 637 of 1,263
Message 637 of 1,263

Re: Why the phone doesn't update?

@Juanp8910

Which update are you referring to? which phone do you have? which android version and build number?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 638 of 1,263
Message 638 of 1,263

The "software update" I have the sony xperia z3+, 5.02 look is a new update the app software update, update to (3.1.1.A.0.4) version, in all sony devises. except sony xperia z3+
Emperor
Message 639 of 1,263
Message 639 of 1,263

@Juanp8910

You are not going to find an answer to that question here, this is a user based forum 

@Juanp8910 wrote:
The "software update" I have the sony xperia z3+, 5.02 look is a new update the app software update, update to (3.1.1.A.0.4) version, in all sony devises. except sony xperia z3+

One time poster
Message 640 of 1,263
Message 640 of 1,263

Xperia T3 Android update

No going to ask about update for 9000+ time in a row.

I see that nobody is going to tell fair and straight that Sony just dumped those customers, who owns (owned) Xperia T3.

Ignoring users of Xperia T3 with updates but updating older models (T2, M2, *1) - signs of indifference for your customers. But not giving straight and clear answer (sort of "Forget it, we wont update that lousy T3, go and buy something new") - are the signs of disrespect and disregard for thouse, who bought your product.

Never gonna buy anything from Sony from now on. Former owner of Sony`s DSLR, Notebook, Smartphone and mp3-players....