account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Adept
Message 581 of 1,263
Message 581 of 1,263

Sony Xperia M2 lollipop update details

Before you Dowloabd the update you should know
1.the screen resolutions changes I personally like it but yeah
2.People say that the camera gets worst but you won't even understand it
3.it takes about 20m to Dowloabd the update and pc requested it will take space from the phone like 1gb or lower not sure
4. I love the update it adds more options better use to the phone I wanna thx sony for this update don't take it away from us
5. Something els I forgot to say that it uses lower ram like before it used 700 out of 850 now it uses like 560 out of 850 not sure :p but you got the point
Regular
Message 582 of 1,263
Message 582 of 1,263

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Quite surprised having no issues with update if anything my battery life is better cameras perfect and my music volume is much higher
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 583 of 1,263
Message 583 of 1,263

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Is Xperia T3 eliminated by Sony?  It's a good.phone...Why doesn't Sony update it with Lollipop?

Adviser
Message 584 of 1,263
Message 584 of 1,263

Hello

At that time sent the update Xperia m2 which are free, in Spain I’m seeing that they have updated a part and they have stopped and now they have focused on launching Android 6.0 in new terminals and which have these terminals we do it we have to Flash?

Seems impressive to this from Sony seemed more serious company that is demonstrating this with this behavior. Slightly smiling Face

BR

One time poster
Message 585 of 1,263
Message 585 of 1,263

Sony Xperia Z1 does not find 5.1.1 update.

Dear all,

I have 2 phones Xperia Z1 C6903, one is bought from tech store in Sofia, Bulgaria the other is bought from my Mobile Operator (Mtel). The first one found the new Android 5.1.1. and updated sucessfully couple of weeks ago. The other one(bought from Mtel) is still on 5.0.2 and does not wnat to update. I read, that this update depends on country and on mobile operator. Both phones use one and the same mobile operator (Mtel) and are set for the same country - Bulgaria. I contacted representative from Mtel and a tech. person from the support forum, they both told me that the 5.1.1 was approved for release and the package was brought back to Sony, where the only responsilbe for the release is only Sony now.

In the Mtel support forums there are another couple of users, who have the same complaint.

Please, let me know if update is coming soon! 5.0.2 is a complete disaster!

Thanks 

Ivaylo

Learner
Message 586 of 1,263
Message 586 of 1,263

Android 5.1 Lollipop update not appearing sgp511

So about 3 months ago sony announced 5.1 for z2 tablet but still when i check for the update it shows your device is up to date even though its not. Crying Face

Master
Message 587 of 1,263
Message 587 of 1,263

Re: Android 5.1 Lollipop update not appearing sgp511

You can find the latest available software update information on our product blog. Unfortunately we don't have any further information.

If want to know more about software roll out process and how it works please see this topic.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 588 of 1,263
Message 588 of 1,263

Re: Android 5.1 Lollipop update not appearing sgp511

Thanks i guess I'll have to wait

Learner
Message 589 of 1,263
Message 589 of 1,263

Still in 5.0.2

I still can't update to 5.1 version of lollipop. When I connect my z2 with pc companion it says my phone is up to date, though I am still in 5.0.2. When I visit Sony page it says that the last update for my phone is 5.1. Why I can't have it for my phone?
One time poster
Message 590 of 1,263
Message 590 of 1,263

Lollipop 5.1.1update for xperia z2

Hi I'm from Pakistan, and somehow my phone isn't upgrading to 5.1.1. presently it's running 5.0.2 and it says your phone is up to date. I've seen people here with 5.1.1 as they all received it Ota. Through normal update. Could anyone help please