account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Regular
Message 561 of 1,263
Message 561 of 1,263

Re: Xperia m2 lollipop update

No nothing I'm in the UK which seems to have full release with a factory unlocked phone and on virgin mobile which has also released the update as other users of same network have it I'm confused Slightly frowning Face
Forum Legend
Message 562 of 1,263
Message 562 of 1,263

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* then open Service info then Software info and post the Customization number so I can check if there is a firmware available for your device or if you have the correct firmware for your region etc

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Regular
Message 563 of 1,263
Message 563 of 1,263

1281-1574_R12B
Inhabitant
Message 564 of 1,263
Message 564 of 1,263

You might want to check the other threads on this forum to learn more about the issues with the new update before upgrading your phone. Knowing about the problems first might help, but in the end it is your decision.

Forum Legend
Message 565 of 1,263
Message 565 of 1,263

@Jidni according to that number you have the Generic Uk firmware and should be running or have available firmware version 18.3.1.C.17/R12B

going by the list of UK networks - All but O2 have it so it looks to me like O2 is the reason Generic handsets don't have it as here in the UK all networks have to approve the update before Generic users receive it

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Regular
Message 566 of 1,263
Message 566 of 1,263

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Is there a way to change this as the phone came unlocked from a catalogue company or just have to wait?
Forum Legend
Message 567 of 1,263
Message 567 of 1,263

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Jidni wait or if you can't wait and feel confident in doing so then you can manually flash another country's firmware

Message 568 of 1,263
Message 568 of 1,263

What about Z3+ ¿?

Regular
Message 569 of 1,263
Message 569 of 1,263

I have received the update today ^ ^
Adept
Message 570 of 1,263
Message 570 of 1,263

Android 5.1 on the Sony Xperia z3

is a simple question will see Android 5.1 on the Sony Xperia z3 +? Why Sony has not been pronounced. the terminal still has heating problems. customers just want an answer.

will see Android 5.1 on the Sony Xperia z3 +?   yes or not

tks