account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Genius
Message 521 of 1,258
Message 521 of 1,258

Re: Installation.

Hi Pratyush1, welcome to the community!

Some additional steps on running the repair: 

Running the software repair on PC Companion:
1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
3. Start.
4. Repair Phone
5. Continue
6. Accept data removal
7. Next
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps

Running the software repair on Bridge for Mac:
1. Launch Bridge for MAC without the handset connected.
2. On the Main Window select "Xperia > Repair Xperia Device".
3. Ensure the phone is charged and select "Ok" in the following window.
4. Select Continue on the following page.
5. Wait until the initialising step is finished the continue as below.
6 . Select your model of phone from the list that appears
7. Follow the connection steps that appear, ensuring that you are holding the relevant button down before during and after the connection phase until the update/repair begins.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 522 of 1,258
Message 522 of 1,258

E4 2105 RIP Feb 2015 - Jun 2015

I can't believe that Sony doesn't update or at least give security fixes for that phone. Shocking. Four months life cycle for a Sony mobile, hard to believe.

2015-10-06_134404.png

Forum Legend
Message 523 of 1,258
Message 523 of 1,258

Re: E4 2105 RIP Feb 2015 - Jun 2015

It had a firmware update at the end of june and I see no mentioned of this been the last update

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 524 of 1,258
Message 524 of 1,258

Last update's original date was Jun 8. (I bought the phone in early August so I see only the firmware's date in Settings) Sony don't mention any update on this model. E4G got the fix for Stagefright, E4 didn't. E4 was announced with Lolly 5.0, then released with KitKat. Lots of model with similar hardware got 5.1, E4 didn't. Sony doesn't add any info. This phone is dead. I'll never ever buy another Sony.

Forum Legend
Message 525 of 1,258
Message 525 of 1,258

So you've had the phone 6 weeks and you are already complaining about updates - good job you don't have a mid range Samsung device - Well if the high end aren't getting LP like my SG-S4 then the mid range have no chance of any updates ever

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 526 of 1,258
Message 526 of 1,258

When we will Have android 5.1

sony has no idea what to do with this terminal, they tricked us, now have new toy and forgot to z3 +, which is why he has not come to our terminals android 5.1. zl has the android 5.1 and our most expensive newest, has an older update,. It's a shame, sony respects customers and at least give us an answer ..

Learner
Message 527 of 1,258
Message 527 of 1,258

Update Kitkat directly to Lollipop 5.1

Hello,
I have my smartphone Sony Xperia Z3 Compact still under KitKat.
I wanted to update my smarphone but asks me to update to 5.0 lollipop and when I connect it to the PC on Sony PC Companion wonder updating to 5.1 Lollipop? is it normal !!!?
I can do the update Kitkat direct to version 5.1 since my Lollipop (Sony PC Companion) without going through the 5.0 !!
Thanks

Genius
Message 528 of 1,258
Message 528 of 1,258

Re: Update Kitkat directly to Lollipop 5.1

Hi @mam_xperia

When you connect your device to PC Companion, will update it to the last Android version available in your country and authorised by your network for your Z3 compact. So yo can upload to that version. I'm at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 529 of 1,258
Message 529 of 1,258

My Sony PC Companion can't detect any new update for my phone

Im an Xperia Z1 user, C6903. according from this page ( http://support.sonymobile.com/my/xperiaz1/software ), my phone can update to 5.1 Android version LOLIPOP, 14.6.A.0.368 as the latest available software. but, the problem is, when I try to update my phone by connect it to my laptop, the massage that I got from my Sony PC Companion, is that my phone get the latest sofware already, by quote "Your phone / tablet is up to date" which I check that my phones Android version is just 5.0 LOLIPOP and 14.5.A.0.242 as the current software, not the latest one. so, how can I update my phone software? or is it the page that Im referring is not valid?
Adviser
Message 530 of 1,258
Message 530 of 1,258

Upgrade to Android 5.1 Sony Xperia M2

Good afternoon

I wonder when they are going to upgrade mobile free Sony Xperia m2 in Spain to the famous version 5.1 which you have in your page web put they updated the 09 month of 2015, we are 10 month and still has not obtained an update of the system.

A greeting.