account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Learner
Message 261 of 1,262
Message 261 of 1,262

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

When will Z1c get the lollipop 5.1 in Kenya
Emperor
Message 262 of 1,262
Message 262 of 1,262

Re: Please need offical answer (LOLLIPOP UPDATE)

@stpbystpx2

Who did you contacted Xperia support or Sony?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 263 of 1,262
Message 263 of 1,262

Re: Please need offical answer (LOLLIPOP UPDATE)

@uliwooly

i cant remember specific name and i dont have to. but usa online chat support and my local country phone support cant give me clear answer like  "yes you will get or you wont get" they said like "we dont know yet" so i have to ask who have to know this ? apple or some other company ?

anyway i will not go on that subject anymore but as a "old" sony user i will not buy sony again never.

thanks for help mate by the way.

Visitor
Message 264 of 1,262
Message 264 of 1,262

Update Status Rollout Android 5.1.1

Hello Everyone. 

Is there a way to find out more about the worldwide status of the update rollout of Android 5.1.1?

Especially im interested in the SGP612 and when the germany version will finally be rolled out. 

Thanks and best regards

Emperor
Message 265 of 1,262
Message 265 of 1,262

Re: Update Status Rollout Android 5.1.1

@Wandrer

There isn't, you could check the XDA forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 266 of 1,262
Message 266 of 1,262

Software not updating

Hi my experia z3 compact has been installing the latest update for about 2 weeks! It's not really affecting the performance of the phone but it's really annoying! Can anyone help me out??
Emperor
Message 267 of 1,262
Message 267 of 1,262

Re: Software not updating

@Pnc87

Could you elaborate on your issue?

Learner
Message 268 of 1,262
Message 268 of 1,262

Still Android 5.02 after 5.1 Update

Hello there, 

I'm having some issues with my Xperia Z1. I've got it 2 weeks ago and I'm quite happy with it. But what is bothering me is the following thing: 

When I got the phone, it was running on Android 5.02 and the Sony Companion Software told me, that there is an update to Version 5.1.1, which I installed immediately. 

The software then told me that everything was fine and my phone had already rebooted. But: When I check the "About my Phone" page in my Phone-Settings, it still tells me that the installed software is version 5.02. Sony Companion and Xperia Connectivity tell me, that my phone is up to date. 

Is there anything known about this phenomena? Is it maybe normal? 

Best regards

-- kaze_san

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 269 of 1,262
Message 269 of 1,262

Re: Just updated to 5.1.1

I still didn't get the update in the Nordic region for my Z2. It's been Monthes now! I want the update now please
Emperor
Message 270 of 1,262
Message 270 of 1,262

Re: Still Android 5.02 after 5.1 Update

@kaze_san

The update hasn't been approved nor released in your country/region and/or by your carrier/network, you have two options

either 

wait 

or

manually update your phone with flashtool

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...