account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Learner
Message 171 of 1,259
Message 171 of 1,259

xperia z3 dual D6633

how time receive android 5.1.1  device D6633 for middle east???????android 5.0.2 have  very much bugsWorried Face

for me its important  update my device

One time poster
Message 172 of 1,259
Message 172 of 1,259

xperia z3 on o2 network in the uk

when will the xperia z3 receive the 5.1.1 update on o2 in the uk?

One time poster
Message 173 of 1,259
Message 173 of 1,259

Z2 not finding 5.1.1 update

Hi, so I have an Xperia Z2 and was looking forward to the 5.1.1 update.

I am unable to find the update either on my hone or via the PC Companion app.

A friend of mine who ha the Same phone on the same network has recieved the update however.

Has anyone else had the same problem and is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Visitor
Message 174 of 1,259
Message 174 of 1,259

z3 software update 5.1

When software update will be available in Egypt
Highlighted
Genius
Message 175 of 1,259
Message 175 of 1,259

Re: z3 software update 5.1

You will get a notification once your network provider has made it available for your model of phone.  The network provider needs to test and ensure the new android version will run smoothly with certain devices & their network.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 176 of 1,259
Message 176 of 1,259

Z3 compact 5.1 UK

Hi,

On 3 network. Just wondering when/if the release is available in the UK. My phone needs a reset anyway and was going to hold of till updated. Update not showing in app or other.

Thanks
Master
Message 177 of 1,259
Message 177 of 1,259

Re: Z3 compact 5.1 UK

You can find the latest available software update information on our product blog. Unfortunately we don't have any further info.

If want to know more about software roll out process and how it works please see this topic. 

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Forum Legend
Message 178 of 1,259
Message 178 of 1,259

Re: Z3 compact 5.1 UK

In the UK it is upto the networks to authorise the update - If you don't have it but others in the Uk do then that is because your network hasn't authorised Sony to release it - However if you are generic then all networks have to approve the update before Sony can release it to generic handsets

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 179 of 1,259
Message 179 of 1,259

Xperia Z3 Dual 5.1.1 update

Hi ...Iv been using the Xperia z3 dual for about 10 months... It is running on Lollipop 5.0.2 (official).... My concern is that i havent received the update for Lollipop 5.1.1 yet...Iv checked for the update via computer as well as OTA.... It says "you have the latest available software".... Iv bought my phone from the Middle-East... Please reply soon

Master
Message 180 of 1,259
Message 180 of 1,259

Re: Xperia Z3 Dual 5.1.1 update

You can find the latest available software update information on our product blog. We don't have any further information.

If want to know more about software roll out process and how it works please see this topic.