account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 101 of 1,259
Message 101 of 1,259

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@himansh2u

We are still on July, and if you read it again it seems that the Z3 series will get it first, then Z2, Z1 and then the Z series, then the rest, like with this 5.0 update. 

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2015/06/04/android-5-0-lollipop-rolls-for-the-xperia-z-series-android-5-...

You might’ve seen our Android 5.0, Lollipop upgrade start for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z – it just keeps on rolling out as we speak to more and more markets worldwide*.

And now that Android 5.0, Lollipop upgrades are rolling across regions for all our Xperia Z, Z1,Z2 and Z3 products, what’s next?

Well, we’re excited to confirm that we’ll be upgrading those products*, as well as Xperia T2 Ultra* and Xperia C3* to Android 5.1, starting from July.

We’ve also seen a fevered raft of feedback and requests for us to extend our Android Lollipop rollout to other products in the portfolio – so, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be bumpingXperia M2 and Xperia M2 Aqua directly to Android 5.1. The upgrade will start a little after we’ve made the update available for the Xperia Z Series, but stay tuned as we’ll share more on timings soon.

Be sure to follow the blog and @SonyMobileNews for all the latest as our rollout continues.

*Timing and availability may vary by market and/or carrier

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 102 of 1,259
Message 102 of 1,259

Re: Android 5.1 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Lollipop5.1.1 released!

5.1.1.png

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 103 of 1,259
Message 103 of 1,259

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop released for Xperia Z3 Compact and Z3 Tablet Compact
Message 104 of 1,259
Message 104 of 1,259

Android 5.1 changelog
Improvements to volume and silent mode control, more control of your alerts, simplified and enhanced design
– Integration of LinkedIn with your Calendar and Contacts
– Camera focus, speed and accuracy improvements in Superior Auto mode
– Many new features for Xperia in Business, enhancing enterprise support for Xperia
– Now take pictures from the camera using Sony SmartWatch 3; use the SW3 as a remote shutter button
– Instant calendar events – create & share smart events directly from any email
– Calendar agenda in Email – no need to switch apps to check upcoming events
– Richer Xperia themes
– New Settings menu icons
– Additional options for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in notification menu

Source: http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/07/21/sony-xperia-android-5-1-changelog-detailed-video/
Regular
Message 105 of 1,259
Message 105 of 1,259

No 5.1.1 for Z3+?

I see that the sony mobile blog has announced 5.1.1 is rolling out for the Z3 and Z2 series starting today. I suppose there will be a separate announcement for the Z3+?

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2015/07/21/android-5-1-lollipop-rolls-for-the-xperia-z3-and-xperia-z2-se...

Regular
Message 106 of 1,259
Message 106 of 1,259

Re: No 5.1.1 for Z3+?

I was wondering about this update as well, Im not sure if my XPERIA Z3+ will be updated along with the Xperia Z3 (Non +) variant.

I hope experts would reply to this thread.

Enthusiast
Message 107 of 1,259
Message 107 of 1,259

Re: No 5.1.1 for Z3+?

Well the Z3+/Z3+ Dual were not stated in the blog, only the Z3, Z3 Compact, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z2, and Z2 Tablet.
Visitor
Message 108 of 1,259
Message 108 of 1,259

New android lollipop5

As a great company of Sony... why the New android lollipop5 not available for some phones like Xperia c... at the same time some technician have prepared adulterated copy for these phones.... would you like to provide a prepared copy for your customers :-)
Rookie
Message 109 of 1,259
Message 109 of 1,259

@Francis_RN , nice, thank you! What about a Airplane mode button when holding down power button? Could you please add that again? (was in Android 4.4.4 KitKat)
Commissioner
Message 110 of 1,259
Message 110 of 1,259

Did they repair missed call issue?

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop