account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.1.1 issues!

One time poster
Message 11 of 38
Message 11 of 38

Re: Android 5.1.1 issues!

I have updated mt xperia z1compact with lollipop 5.1.1, since few days i am getting problem that my phone automatically goes to silent mode.i checked in settings for silent mode option it comes into normal mode after restarting!
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 38
Message 12 of 38

I'm really upset by this update.. Not only did it corrupt my phone so has to redo update via laptop and now I hav to charge my phone three times a day.. Its there any way to fix this?
Apprentice
Message 13 of 38
Message 13 of 38

Same problem here in my xperia z3 compact , search bar in app draw disappeared....
Commissioner
Message 14 of 38
Message 14 of 38

Visitor
Message 15 of 38
Message 15 of 38

Why You make me regret when I update??

I updated a few days ago and immediately noticed problems with making a phone call. I need to press many times for it to call, or sometimes even I need to go to "i" and press call contact. This is very anoying!!

Second thing I've notced is that GPS does not work well.

And the last, also very bad thing, my battery life is reduced to half!

Please fix it quickly.

Visitor
Message 16 of 38
Message 16 of 38

And I forgot, Messaging has a problem with delivery reports.

I send a message and on the side a circlyng round appears that goes on and on, somethies even until a person replies, to finaly change into a check mark. Presumably, also, draining the battery :-(

Apprentice
Message 17 of 38
Message 17 of 38

Hey buddy! I totally agree with you, thanks for reporting this problem as I'm also having issues with my battery life and I've noticed that I have to charge more frequently now. Sony please listen to our feedback because that's what good companies do try to satisfy there customers not ruin the software 5.0 was the best update so far "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I'm not enjoying this new update there are just too many problems to report which is a shame.
Apprentice
Message 18 of 38
Message 18 of 38

Sony you should fix all these issues and get us a clean and a professional software otherwise I will quit and never choose sony again. i wil also share my feedback with everyone because thwy need to know the truth. This is the least you could do get us a good software and you have the simplest software UI of most android phones and still can't get it right. Even one plus doesn't have issues like this what a shame, rushed and cheap update. Either get us a worthy update and clean polished software or we don't want a buggy and cheap software like this.
Commissioner
Message 19 of 38
Message 19 of 38

just reinstall phone with pcc, for me .232 firmware is just great!

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Visitor
Message 20 of 38
Message 20 of 38

Sony, the camera experience is very bad after the 5.1.1 update. No details in pictures. No sharp borders. No nothing! I hope you guys will fix this soon. It's been a week already. I'm waiting for the best customer service that Sony claims to have