account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Message 891 of 2,735
Message 891 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

@berkotant the release for Turkey is listed on xperiafirm
Message 892 of 2,735
Message 892 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@rajuxperia yes and it says update to your device depends on carrier etc etc
Message 893 of 2,735
Message 893 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@JimmyAmigo I have lollipop installed on my Z3 but not by OTA
Message 894 of 2,735
Message 894 of 2,735

Baltic? @Stockyvillage
Message 895 of 2,735
Message 895 of 2,735

@ Mr_xzbit.No using combined Nordic.Only fault so far no notification light
Message 896 of 2,735
Message 896 of 2,735

I may as well wait. Must be close now.
Message 897 of 2,735
Message 897 of 2,735

@mr_xzbit Just been chatting to someone on google+.They are on T-Mobile USA and updated using PC companion. Sony must have fixed notification light as his is working.So I will reflash when generic UK is released
Commissioner
Message 898 of 2,735
Message 898 of 2,735

Well, rollout finally resume for worldwide release...First with Z3 series, next week from 6 April onwards Z2.

lollipop_update_rollout_for_the_sony_xperia_z3_range_continues-news-11722.php

It seems like some people are just so crazy about an update that they curse a lot on an OEM and never show graditude when their current OS is still running smoothly.  There is a lot of changes in Lollipop and the biggest to me is that Sony is pushing their apps to Google Play piece by piece and no longer bundle it within the Lollipop firmware.  By doing so, it should increase updating speed for Music, Video, Album etc. in the near future on these apps without having to separately release it themselves. Good move.

One time poster
Message 899 of 2,735
Message 899 of 2,735

Lollipop update and free space on hard drive

Hello, dear support! I want update my Xperia Z3, but i can't do that, because have not enough free space on my system hard drive. How i can do this update without cleaninng and pain with my system HD? I don't have free space on my SSD and what's why i can't update my telephone! Tnx a lot for all!

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 900 of 2,735
Message 900 of 2,735

Re: Lollipop update and free space on hard drive

Have about OTA, settings, about phone, software update