account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Forum Legend
Message 81 of 2,732
Message 81 of 2,732

Re: Xperia T3 upgread to android 5.0

Read my reply just above to your other post

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adviser
Message 82 of 2,732
Message 82 of 2,732

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

If Sony does not give lolipop update for my C3, I think I will not ever buy a Sony device. They just pay too little attention and support to C3. Rear camera is struggling just to auto focus and there is even no support for unlocking boot loader for this device... 

Enthusiast
Message 83 of 2,732
Message 83 of 2,732

Lollipop

Will xperia m2 dual get lollipop update....??
Sony Xperia Support
Message 84 of 2,732
Message 84 of 2,732

Re: Lollipop

Hi sanchay05,

This is currently the only news we have regarding the lollipop operating system, if this does change it will be made available via our news feeds on the website.

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-ser...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 85 of 2,732
Message 85 of 2,732

Re: Lollipop

I have emailed Sony and there response was that they have no intention of releasing lollipop for anything other than the z series. You can however download apk files to get the material design look I did this yesterday on my m2 everything bar my search bar and dialer is now material design including my xperia theme going to sort the search bar today hopefully
Adviser
Message 86 of 2,732
Message 86 of 2,732

Lollipop beta

Anyone knows how to try the beta build of lollipop! Is there any possibility to try it in advance?

Message 87 of 2,732
Message 87 of 2,732

Re: Lollipop beta

http://developer.android.com/preview/index.html

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 88 of 2,732
Message 88 of 2,732

if you know the info please suggest me

can I know the best apps for z3 and what would be the launched date of lollipop. I saw the news that Sony launched lollipop in the zooplankton series today
Elite
Message 89 of 2,732
Message 89 of 2,732

Re: if you know the info please suggest me

You will have to be more specific, apps to do what? 

there's no info on when lollipop will be released, sometime in early 2015

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 90 of 2,732
Message 90 of 2,732

Android 5 update

Just wondering IF anyone knows when the update to android 5 might be for the Z1's other than sometime within the next year or so.

Ok understandable that each mobile network operator might have a slight differant time scale as the phone I've got in unlocked to anynetwork