account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Learner
Message 71 of 2,732
Message 71 of 2,732

Re: When will xperia Z1 compact get android L?

When and how xperia z1 c6903 will able to receive android L 5.0 lollipop ? Please mail me.
Regular
Message 72 of 2,732
Message 72 of 2,732

The choice for an official *working* AOSP lollipop

Having seen the videos of the lollipop AOSP test footage is love to see Sony gain actual hardware sales by offering the choice (via an official PC application etc) to have an AOSP version of lollipop on the Z line of devices. It'd be a good way to capitalise on the number of folk sitting on the fence due to the price of the Nexus 6.
vvx
Inhabitant
Message 73 of 2,732
Message 73 of 2,732

When do we get Android 5.0 Lollipop?

Will the Z1 Compact be getting this update?

Apprentice
Message 74 of 2,732
Message 74 of 2,732

Android L

Hi to all,

As we all know that Android 5.0 Lollipop is rolling out for many devices from their respective manufacturers in upcoming days. But as concenered to E3 we are still in 4.4.2! when will get 4.4.4 and 5.0?

Adept
Message 75 of 2,732
Message 75 of 2,732

Re: When do we get Android 5.0 Lollipop?

For the people that didn't read the link provided by TomKay.

"Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition devices will be first up – we’ll be back with more details on that soon.

We’ll start the upgrade at beginning of 2015 for the core Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 series – continuing thereafter for all remaining devices above."

We probably have to wait for the Z3 and Z2 release. My guess is that Z1 will be up next after that.

Nobody here will be able to give you a hard date at this point in time.

Lollipop will give us a faster run time engine and apps can be granted more access to the SD card.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lollipop-microsd-card-app-access-564168/

Google probably had to backtrack because of the Google One devices.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android-One-No-microSD-card-No-camera-then_id60716

Learner
Message 76 of 2,732
Message 76 of 2,732

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

They should list what bugs will be fixed. My phone is a walkie talkie now. Because earpiece won't work.
Message 77 of 2,732
Message 77 of 2,732

Xperia T3 Android 5.0

Is Xperia T3 receives new Android 5.0?
This is a new model that recently debuted.
I'dont understand why Sony announced only upgread for Z series ....

Forum Legend
Message 78 of 2,732
Message 78 of 2,732

Re: Xperia T3 Android 5.0

No one here will know that answer - You would need to contact Xperia care and ask but I doubt even they will know yet http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Talent
Message 79 of 2,732
Message 79 of 2,732

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I have emailed sony asking that very question they confirmed the only sony devices to get the lollipop update will be the z series they have no intention of releasing it for any other xperia device
Message 80 of 2,732
Message 80 of 2,732

Xperia T3 upgread to android 5.0

And what about Sony xperia T3 update to android 5.0?
This is the model that debuted recently ....

and so he should be updated ....

But you can only hear  about the series Z.