account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Message 391 of 2,735
Message 391 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

You might find the reason for delay is the version might not be 5.0
Rookie
Message 392 of 2,735
Message 392 of 2,735

UK EE Upgrade to Lollipop

With the expected Z3 upgrade to Lollipop, I was wondering if EE/T-Mobile will have to butcher it as they have done with Android releases for other handsets, or if it will be rolled out at the same time as carrier unrestricted handsets?

I live in the UK and my carrier is EE (T-Mobile)

Thanks, Iain

One time poster
Message 393 of 2,735
Message 393 of 2,735

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

hey team,

I want to know about lolipop update in xperia z1

Emperor
Message 394 of 2,735
Message 394 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@nakul291 There's no new info on the update

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 395 of 2,735
Message 395 of 2,735

Ian EE will through their own stuff on it
Commissioner
Message 396 of 2,735
Message 396 of 2,735

www.cnet.com/news/lollipop-nibbles-off-1-6-percent-of-android-devices/

It's still early days for Lollipop. Rather Sony do a good transition than one full of bugs. Note that Walkman and Movies already spotting new Material design. Should be coming soon.
Apprentice
Message 397 of 2,735
Message 397 of 2,735

Camera2 API

Will Z2 support the full Lollipop Camera2 API as it should? Or will it be stripped down as on KitKat? 

Rookie
Message 398 of 2,735
Message 398 of 2,735

True. Moto g has the same specs and runs pretty smooth with lollipop. Why can't sony be more thoughtful about its customers. Definetley am recommending friends to buy samsung. Sick of sony. Same thing happened to my xperia v ( no kitkat) Slightly frowning Face
Talent
Message 399 of 2,735
Message 399 of 2,735

Other manufacturers have already released it. OnePlus is looking to release theirs in March. Funny that Sony is on pace with OnePlus which is a startup company with far less resources. This better be a bug free update or else I'm done with Sony. No more wifi and Data drops, no more battery drains, nagging bugs, etc. Unacceptable for a $800 device.
Enthusiast
Message 400 of 2,735
Message 400 of 2,735

when lollipop Update will arrive?

we are waiting for this update for z2 and z3 from 1st february ...why this is not released yet? sony promised ... where is so?

z2 and z3 have same fireware number.. plz answer..official answer from sony.. for better marketing you must release updates ontime and promised