account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Adviser
Message 31 of 2,732
Message 31 of 2,732

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Please add the apps and games to sd card function in my love z1 compact and entire z series
Adept
Message 32 of 2,732
Enthusiast
Message 33 of 2,732
Message 33 of 2,732

ANDROID L AVAILABLE FOR Z,ZL,ZR

Android l is coming to our devices smile happy
Enthusiast
Message 34 of 2,732
Message 34 of 2,732

We are Getting Anaroid L

Yep .. so happy to hear about that xperia z will be getting anaroid L. it's been 18 months since launch but still sony decided to give us such a big update... i guess buying flagship has paid off ..thank you sony ... thanks for such a aweomse news ..

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-ser...

i am so happy ... it will take 6 months i guess but still happy ... smile happy

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 2,732
Message 35 of 2,732

Re: When will xperia Z1 compact get android L?

Enthusiast
Message 36 of 2,732
Message 36 of 2,732

What if I don't want Android Lollipop?

Sony has announced that all Z devices -- including the Z1 compact -- will receive Android Lollipop.

I'm sure this is great news to many, but what if I don't want to change to Android Lollipop, say because I like the KitKat design better or don't want more of Google services taking over, etc.?

I'm assuming, I'll get an update icon in the notification bar and believe I won't be able to get rid of it without upgrading.

Or will there be a way to opt out that does not mean you'll have to live with an update icon in the notification bar forever?

P.S.: I haven't made up my mind regarding Android L yet. Currently, I'd be wary of changing because it took me a long time to configure everything so that battery lifetime is maximised, and I'm not yet sold on the new "L" design. However, I may change my mind in the future, once I've seen more of Android "L".

Learner
Message 37 of 2,732
Message 37 of 2,732

Re: We are Getting Anaroid L

Anaroid L, is it similar to android L?!
Message 38 of 2,732
Message 38 of 2,732

Re: What if I don't want Android Lollipop?

@TomKay  I have read somewhere that in Android L even google is limited in "getting info" from the devices.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 39 of 2,732
Message 39 of 2,732

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Since, native development kit is released earlier, at the time of announcement. Which is required to do changes at system level. I don't think sony would take longer time in implementing tha android lollipop. Also one kernel code should also help in rolling the updates faster as very less code would be required.

Rest depends on sony.
Apprentice
Message 40 of 2,732
Message 40 of 2,732

Re: When will xperia Z1 compact get android L?

Also, remember to read the post about update life cycles from the developer blog. It's not exactly the same situation as from 2.3 -> 4.0, but remember it will most certainly be a couple of months before a release is announced.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/2011/12/07/ice-cream-sandwich-from-source-code-release-to-software-u...