account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Apprentice
Message 2131 of 2,735
Message 2131 of 2,735

Cant update my Xperia Z to Lollipop

Hello ive tried to update my xperia z c6603 to lollipop , because here in spain it says that the update is available .Ive tried to update by pc companion and It says that my phone is updated and is still in KitKat i dont know why. My phone is completely free , its not rooted and I buy it  in a shop , so the phone is of none phone calling company. Can anyone tell me what can I do? Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 2132 of 2,735
Message 2132 of 2,735

Lollipop 5.0 update for xperia z not showing in Sony PC companion

I'm from Sri Lanka & I tried to update xperia z to lollipop using Pc companion. But Pc companion saying "you have latest software "
Also I haven't received notification to phone about this lollipop update.
I'm currently have kitkat 4.4.4
Enthusiast
Message 2133 of 2,735
Message 2133 of 2,735

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

I have been checking the new firmware since I recieved those emails but my cell phone is up to date.thank you for your advice.

arp
Inhabitant
Message 2134 of 2,735
Message 2134 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Shame on you Sony..
After 15 days of global release of Lollipop update for Xperia Z, ZL, ZR. Indian users are unable to get update till now.This is very bad thing.
All other cheap mobile companies rolling android 5.1 update globally.
But Sony failed to update their flagship phones to android 5.0.
Shame on you
One time poster
Message 2135 of 2,735
Message 2135 of 2,735

Re: Lollipop not showing notifications on lock screen

Hi,

got a new Z3 last friday and the lack of the notifications on home screen is very annoying. I use the phone for my business and it's very important to get notifications on the homescreen.

When is the update for the Z3 coming? I'm on 23.2.A.0.278 / T-Mobile Germany.

Also please add an option to remove the carrier name in nofitication area on lock screen so that I'm able to see the notifications there.

Thanks.

Sebastian

Message 2136 of 2,735
Message 2136 of 2,735

Sony Xperia ZR Update 10.6.A.0.454 - is it fake ?

Hello Sony,

We are from India , We are using Sony Xperia ZR as we saw in http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiazr/software/ portal showings lollipop update released on 29/05/2013 it self but still we are not received. May i know the reason. Is it your playing with us. from last 21 days we watching that we will get updated next .. next next week ... Still not reached to our mobile. and also officially announced 4 days back. even as per verification you still not released lollipop update to any other country apart from US and Taiwan mobile. 

If really working on a bug free update is ok. But if get any bug after long delay means Sony your R&D peoples are waste. It's small application than the telecoms equipment development. BUt still your taking lot of time.

Any way we expecting bug free update .

xperiadddd.PNG

Thanks and Regards,

Subhash K S Hebbar

One time poster
Message 2137 of 2,735
Message 2137 of 2,735

Re: Sony Xperia ZR Update 10.6.A.0.454 - is it fake ?

I think the update is not for India
Someone hacked Sony site
Sony will not focus on market of xperia z older series phones
Go for another smartphone
Dude

I also go for the change
Learner
Message 2138 of 2,735
Message 2138 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@uliwooly: they are NOT flashed. I'm realen confused about this.
Learner
Message 2139 of 2,735
Message 2139 of 2,735

@uliwooly

Thank you very much for your reply.

I was aware that I had asked a question on the matter of release schedules some months ago.

I had wrongly, it seems, assumed that by buying a sim-free phone I would get os upgrades more quickly than had I been using a carrier branded version of the same phone. The subsequent reply to this previous post corrected my misunderstanding and indicated that my choice of a sim-free handset caused the opposite result to that which I had originally intended. I was then content that my question had been answered. It explained the reason for the delay.

My second post however wasn't a question. It was a statement of disappointment and frustration that the possibly imminent release of an upgrade for the Xperia Z was vague in the extreme and indeed today has proven to be false in fact (The availability currently being shown as May 2015 on the UK site). 

In fact you make the case perfectly for my frustration You have asked a similar question back in November, what makes you think that the  answer will be different?

Alas, the answer is absolutely nothing other than a faint and now dead hope that things may improve.

Again thank you for time.

Apprentice
Message 2140 of 2,735
Message 2140 of 2,735

Re: Sony Xperia ZR Update 10.6.A.0.454 - is it fake ?

Good news!!! Sony Xperia ZR Update 10.6.A.0.454 - is fake!!!