account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Elite
Message 15 of 2,732
Message 15 of 2,732

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Lollipop Forest.jpg

When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will receive Lollipop? How come that Xperia is getting Lollipop but not my Xperia? etc keep an eye on the official News blog

Don't create new posts/threads on such topics, just contact Sony directly on those questions

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-ser...

You’ve probably seen Google unveil Android version 5.0; Lollipop…

Since the initial reveal of the Android “L” Developer Preview, we’ve seen lots of questions on our upgrade roadmap about our plans – so, here goes…

We’ll be making Sony Mobile’s Android “L” upgrade available for the entire premium Z series*: including Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1S, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3v, Xperia Z3 Compact and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition devices will be first up – we’ll be back with more details on that soon.

We’ll start the upgrade at beginning of 2015 for the core Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 series – continuing thereafter for all remaining devices above.

We’ve been working hard to bring this major update to as many of our Z Series devices as we can, as quickly as we can. We’re really excited about the new Sony features & functionality and the improvements we’ve made to the user experience – and we’ll be sharing more soon… so stay tuned to the blog and @SonyMobileNews for all the latest and greatest.

*Software rollouts are a phased process – timings & availability will vary by market/operator. Most models supported but some operator/market exceptions will apply

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

2,731 REPLIES
Message 1 of 2,732
Message 1 of 2,732

When will xperia Z1 compact get android L?

I want to know when xperia z1 compact will get android L? It should get it faster as google is giving developers preview long before.
Message 2 of 2,732
Message 2 of 2,732

Re: When will xperia Z1 compact get android L?

Just wait for it to be officially released for Nexus.For now,Z1 compact has 4.4.2 and update info can be found here:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 3 of 2,732
Message 3 of 2,732

Re: When will xperia Z1 compact get android L?

For the moment it looks like we are getting 4.4.4 

http://i.imgur.com/q596wuS.png?1

As for Android L let's wait and see when Google releases it.

One time poster
Message 4 of 2,732
Message 4 of 2,732

Android L to Z1 Compact ?

are we getting the android L for our z1c ? or is sony stopping with updating the z1c ?

and do you guys think that our z1c be faster with the android L update or the same ???

Regular
Message 5 of 2,732
Message 5 of 2,732

Re: Android L to Z1 Compact ?

I suspect the compact will receive the L (or whatever google finally call it), update. Question is, how long after it is officially released before it graces our compacts. As for performance, no reason why it shouldn't be optimised. Then again, kitkat has had its problems.
Message 6 of 2,732
Message 6 of 2,732

No, z1 compact will definately get android L. I don't know the time frame
Adviser
Message 7 of 2,732
Message 7 of 2,732

With thousands of bugs with kitkat I'm not sure how weird the phone will behave with lollipop 🍭
Learner
Message 8 of 2,732
Message 8 of 2,732

Still trying to decide on whether to update to KitKat or not.  Did it with my ZL and for practical purposes the phone became a brick due to it.  Sony did replace the phone with a brand new Z1 and am very reluctant to upgrade that. 

Alain Lam
Visitor
Message 9 of 2,732
Message 9 of 2,732

Android 5 (Android L) Upgrade for Xperia ZR

Hi!

Last 10 Sept 2014, I received a software update from Sony via Update Centre for KitKat 4.4.4.
After the update, I am happy to say, I maximised the use of my device.

I am so excited about Android L and I am wondering if Xperia ZR will be included on the roll-out. If it is, when? There are forums that say, ZR will not be included and that made me a bit sad.

I just hope you could give us some heads-up on Android L for ZR and enlighten us more about this.

Many thanks.

BTW, Sony Smartwatch 3 rocks!