account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Master
Message 1961 of 2,735
Message 1961 of 2,735

Re: Xperia z1 to lollipop

There are already a ton of threads concerning the release of this update. Please use the existing topics to discus this. 

Best regards,

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 1962 of 2,735
Message 1962 of 2,735

Waiting for Lollipop

Hi!

Sony ships Lollipop for the z2 Tablet since april/may, but mine didn't recieve it.

Can someone tell me, when it will be aviable in Germany? In this Forum are posts that are up to 4 weeks old, but my tablet always claims to be "up to date"...

The pinned thread  says that it is shipped since march. Annoying.

Thanks in advance!

Emperor
Message 1963 of 2,735
Message 1963 of 2,735

Re: Waiting for Lollipop

@Foobar73

There's no info on this, you will find nothing but speculation here. Contact your local Xperia care 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

also, if your tablet is or was locked to a carrier/network branded, you will have to wait for them to approve and release the update.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 1964 of 2,735
Message 1964 of 2,735

I don't think the fact that the update rollout for Xperia...

I don't think the fact that the update rollout for Xperia Z1 Compact has been halted is present within that page.

One time poster
Message 1965 of 2,735
Message 1965 of 2,735

lollipop Update UK

Hello.

Ihave. An xperia tablet Z, and an Xperia Z ultra ( three UK). neither of my devices have received the lollipop Update, and I was wondering if anyone could shed any Ightfield when the update is due? Thanks.

Emperor
Message 1966 of 2,735
Message 1966 of 2,735

Re: lollipop Update UK

@Frenchielover

Contact 3 UK as it's up to them to approve and release the update. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 1967 of 2,735
Message 1967 of 2,735

Re: lollipop Update UK

@Frenchielover wrote:

Hello.

Ihave. An xperia tablet Z, and an Xperia Z ultra ( three UK). neither of my devices have received the lollipop Update, and I was wondering if anyone could shed any Ightfield when the update is due? Thanks.

Did you unlocked bootloader or root your devices? If yes, it might be the reason. If no, google out XperiFirm, download it, check your phone and check all updates. In the same row wher your operator is click on it and on right you should see a latest build verison of firmware that is available for phones from that operator. 

Message 1968 of 2,735
Message 1968 of 2,735

14.5.A.0.270 released on C6906 Telus network, Canada

Just chedked it is available on Telus network's Xperia Z1, Bell and Rogers still on 14.5.A.0.242.

This is Canada btw, over and out.

Emperor
Message 1969 of 2,735
Message 1969 of 2,735

Re: 14.5.A.0.270 released on C6906 Telus network, Canada

@FrontierGate

Thanks for the heads up

Highlighted
Message 1970 of 2,735
Message 1970 of 2,735

Feeling left out

Am I the only one who hasn't received the latest update to lollipop on the Z1? I am on Vodafone and I have friends who are also on the same carrier and have the same phone. They have recieved the update.

Is it possible to download the stock rom and put it on manually?