account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Adept
Message 1571 of 2,735
Message 1571 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@bearinga got the notification to update to 23.1.a.0.726.
Connected to pc companion. When preparing software, problem pop up stating "unable to communicate with sony update engine (error 11) ml
Many people are facing this problem too. Even with firewall and anti-virus disabled
Visitor
Message 1572 of 2,735
Message 1572 of 2,735

Just received a new mini update over the air 11mb

Did anyone else receive this update?  I couldn't find any patch notes on it.

Who ever moderator moved my message, that was uncalled for.  This is not related to the Lollipop update.  I already updated my phone to Lollipop a week or two ago.  This was a second smaller update (6 minutes at 11mb).  I havent seen it referenced anywhere.

Commissioner
Message 1573 of 2,735
Message 1573 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

ahcai, error 11 occurs due to drivers issue. You'll notice that prior to downloading the software, Windows will need to download new drivers using SOMC. If this fail, than you are stuck. Try borrow another PC to download.
Adept
Message 1574 of 2,735
Message 1574 of 2,735

Re: why my z1 didn't get lollipop yet?

have you updated your phone yet???? try to update it on another computer because this was the case for me and once i changed the computer i skipped the preparing-downloading cycle and started to download the update from te pc companion try this and god willing you'll be able to update your phone

greetings from sameh giza egypt

One time poster
Message 1575 of 2,735
Message 1575 of 2,735

Does not appear to upgrade to 5.0 or by the Z1 mobile or PC Companion

Hi I have a free Z1 unlocked and already 3 days that the update was released and this did not appear in the notification bar or by PC Companion I'm from Peru I have some friends who have the same model in compact and they already appeared to him that no on the mine may help some solution thanks
Adviser
Message 1576 of 2,735
Message 1576 of 2,735

Will Lolipop for Xperia E4 Dual?

Hi Sony, thanks for making great phones...E4 specially...

Will Xperia E4 Dual get Lolipop in the future?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 1577 of 2,735
Message 1577 of 2,735

Re: No aparece actualizar a 5.0 ni por el movil Z1 ni por PC Companion

Hi Daniel87_,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines

Unfortunately this is an English speaking forum only, please repost in English.

I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 1578 of 2,735
Message 1578 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

The SonyMobile webpage shows 5.0 upgrade has been rolled out for Z3 in Singapore since Mar 30. However, my Z3 D6653 hasn't received the update until now (Apr 17). Is there anything wrong? Thanks.
One time poster
Message 1579 of 2,735
Message 1579 of 2,735

Will T-mobile get the firmware update for notification sound?

Hey everyone,

So I've read that most Xperia Z3's have received an OTA update that fixed the low notification volume.  Since T-mobile is going to receive the Lollipop update, but not the previous update that fixes the notification sound; will this be included in Lollipop?

Thank you,

Message 1580 of 2,735
Message 1580 of 2,735

Re: Update to Lollipop - who decides?

Re: Thommo

Can you please report which network providers have and have not approved Lollipop in the nordic region, so I can switch to a better one...