account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Commissioner
Message 1081 of 2,735
Message 1081 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Deathlordz3, go chase ur internet provider.
Inhabitant
Message 1082 of 2,735
Message 1082 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Thommo wrote:

This is down to your network to release the firmware or if you are a generic user then some countries require all networks to authorise the update before generic devices will receive it

I repeat that as far as I am concerned this is just speculation because Sony does not explain the process for unbranded devices. Also I would like to understand if the approval of all operators is a legal requirement or something that Sony does of its own will to play nice with the big customers (the operators) penalising the small customers (us).

Forum Legend
Message 1083 of 2,735
Message 1083 of 2,735

It's not speculation - you either believe me or not - Why not ask your networks what procedure they have in place and it's not Sony that make the rules but the networks and whatever body controls firmware in your country which isn't Sony

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Talent
Message 1084 of 2,735
Message 1084 of 2,735

community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Software-Updates/2nd-April-2015-Software-Update-Weekly-Wrap/td-p/384976
Highlighted
Talent
Message 1085 of 2,735
Message 1085 of 2,735

My posts are being censored because I wish to provide a link to others clearly showing a carrier rejecting Sony's firmware. Why is this? You guys tell us to look at the carriers as to why the firmware is not released yet, so we do. But now we can't share our findings?
Message 1086 of 2,735
Message 1086 of 2,735

Your posts are not censored,you have tried to post that much that the system saw you as a spam source. Now it should be there.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 1087 of 2,735
Message 1087 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Any word on Z3 (D6603) lollipop update is coming to UK? Carrier is Vodafone.
Learner
Message 1088 of 2,735
Message 1088 of 2,735

Is lollipop firmware the same with other countries?

I flash my Z2 few days ago with baltic version of lollipop, today official lollipop arrived at my country. Is there any differences between these two version?

Forum Legend
Message 1089 of 2,735
Message 1089 of 2,735

That's what Vodafone do because they like their own iteration - Judging by past releases they like to customize the firmware

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 1090 of 2,735
Message 1090 of 2,735

Re: Is lollipop firmware the same with other countries?

Maybe slight or different country specific pre-installed apps