account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Message 951 of 2,735
Message 951 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

how does buying the phone and the realted software release makes a link here? You logic didnt make any sense......on your sarcasm please keep it your self and there is nothing that personal here.....on flashing other country rom ...in case if you dint know the camera clarity goes for a toss in case if you didnt know.....

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 952 of 2,735
Message 952 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

ArindamBhomick, really wonder why you spent 50k on a Sony and not China phone for much lesser? If you sell your Sony now you can still get your dream China phone. But word of advise, learn Mandrin.
Highlighted
Message 953 of 2,735
Message 953 of 2,735

i use both...one for personal and one official......I have been with sony since z days and ever since have thought things will improve with them...finally left frustrated and move on to the more active Chinese phone…..thats where you see my profile getting deleted in the form and now Im a new comer :smileysmileywink:

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 954 of 2,735
Message 954 of 2,735

So why have you not move on to China made phone? Is it because their major brand is still on Kitkat and not Lollipop? www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/android-l-5-0-release-date-when-can-i-... The other China brand phone like Oppo & Xiaomi don't do software. They let Cynogen do custom ROM but u must noe how to flash. Since u already know Sony do not rush their upgrade, why come back?
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 955 of 2,735
Message 955 of 2,735

Guys, Please!!!

Why are we fighting over a trivial issue. Update is already on its way and will be available sooner rather than later.

Talent
Message 956 of 2,735
Message 956 of 2,735

Anyone know if this is true?
http://www.vcpost.com/articles/53026/20150327/android-5-1-lollipop-release-update-sony-xperia-z3-z2....

This would make sense since Sony has been dragging their heels on the 5.0.2 global rollout. Perhaps 5.1 is almost ready to go, so they're releasing 5.0.2 as is knowing that all bugs will be fixed later this month. Any insight?
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 957 of 2,735
Message 957 of 2,735

Hi all, I have Sony Xperia z3 d6603 in the UK and still not available android L why?
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 958 of 2,735
Message 958 of 2,735

I doubt Lollipop 5.1 will be incorporated in this rollout. As with previous Kitkat rollout, it's more down to individual carriers when they complete their test run before actual rollout. But with so little info available, it tend to show the rollout is slow.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 959 of 2,735
Message 959 of 2,735

I have seen several comments that the timing depends on the carrier.  However as my phone is not tied to any carrier (though not rooted) and I was expecting to update it from the PC (with a WiFi connection) I do not see why there should be any carrier issue.  I am assuming that the delay in my getting the update for the Xperia Z3 Compact in the UK is just due to a throttled roll out.  Or have I missed something?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 960 of 2,735
Message 960 of 2,735

@TheotherMike

I can tell you from bitter experience (Xperia Z1 & Z2 owner) that us sim-free mobile owners in the UK will get the update LAST.  It's something to do with Sony's seriously potty idea that all the carriers need to approve the firmware before us mugs, sorry sim-free owners, get the update.

Apparently it's all down to Sony not wanting us mugs, sorry customers buying a device out of contract. 

(Current owner of an orange Z3c, and a Z2 wifi tablet, and oddly still owning a Z1 & a Z2...  Lots of sim-free Zs there.  And yes, someone does own an orange-coloured Z3c)