account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 851 of 2,735
Message 851 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Hi,
I want to know when lollipop update will availabile for z3 dual (D6633)?? Sony is going to release z1 update next week, but still there is'nt any update for d6633...
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 852 of 2,735
Message 852 of 2,735

Where is the lollipop update for xperia z3 D6653? Please reply 

Highlighted
Message 853 of 2,735
Message 853 of 2,735

I didn't get it yet. I live in saudi arabia
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 854 of 2,735
Message 854 of 2,735

Guys, when it's available in Ukraine?
Highlighted
Learner
Message 855 of 2,735
Message 855 of 2,735

Could someone from Sony please provide as estimate as to when Lollipop for the USA version for the USA unlocked D5803 Z3 Compact is expected to be available? And will it have the same Sony-related problems being widely reported with the 5.0.2 "690" update in other countries (i.e. low volume levels, notification LED not working, etc.)? I have checked on my phone for OTA,, and in PC Companion, and A77 is still the latest release.

I have to say I'm disappointed after all this time waiting there are significant bugs in the update. Assuming the USA gets the same "690" release that's being trickled out elsewhere in the world, is there some estimate when the next update will be released? There's a developer AOSP version of 5.1 was out a few weeks ago ( http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/tool/software-binaries-for-aosp-lollipop-android-5-1/ ). Is there a release schedule for an official 5.1.x release or at least for a maintenance release of 5.0.2 with the Sony-specific bugs fixed?

There is justifiable concern with Sony Mobile's large layoffs ( http://www.cnet.com/news/sony-to-slash-1000-jobs-in-mobile-division-report/ ) about the future support of Sony phones. Some re-assurance of what's coming would be very helpful especially as Sony doesn't provide an approved way to downgrade to previous versions. Many of us may want to stay on A77 for now given all the issues being reported with 690 so far (many here have said they will stay on KitKat).

Finally, reading this entire thread some of what people are complaining about are issues with Android 5.0 in general (even on Motorola, Nexus, etc.). Android 5.1 helps address some of those problems and it would be in Sony's best interest to move to 5.1 ASAP as well as fixing the Sony specific bugs.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 856 of 2,735
Message 856 of 2,735

Regarding OS and Software Update

Hello, was thinking about buying Xperia Z3 Compact in Japan, heading back after 2 months and the phone looked perfect for me. However I found out that if I buy in Japan and bring it back home I cannot update it's os and softwares due to how Japanese phone companies work. Basically you need to access the mobile carriers network while in Japan to be able to update them. What I wan't to know is if the os and software (proably the software that the mobile carrier provides) updates are necessary and if it hold any implications of not being able to update it or if there is a way to work around this? Any help would be really appreciated.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 857 of 2,735
Message 857 of 2,735

Re: sony xperia sp update Android 5

that will never happen

Message 858 of 2,735
Message 858 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@nabcake try to change your firmware number it should work Winking Face
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 859 of 2,735
Message 859 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@notional89 I don't think that works, haven't bought it yet but say that I have to be in Japan to download the new os and software http://www.mobile-japan.com/pages/advice-and-tips-for-docomo-phones/upgrading-your-android-os-and-do... which is why I am worried on why If I should buy it or not. Also does it matter if I upgrade it or not? Will it hamper any features etc and my enjoyment of the phone is what worries me.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 860 of 2,735
Message 860 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 update.

Hi.  Probably another idiot boy question, but after I get the Android 5.0 update for my Xperia Z3 Compact, if I then select "Factory data reset" will I be returned to the brand new 5.0 setup state, or the original facory issue of Android 4.4.4?

I had originally assumed that factory reset meant just that, as it left the factory, but several responses about how to respond to less than ideal updates to 5.0 have left me in some doubt.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and wisdom.