account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 811 of 2,735
Message 811 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Hope lollipop update bring face in,time shift camera apps....Z1 compact
Learner
Message 812 of 2,735
Message 812 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

I have a questy. Does anyone know when will be update to lollipop for z2 in CE region?
Learner
Message 813 of 2,735
Message 813 of 2,735

We still don't have an update in Russia. Although the update officially announced on official web site.
One time poster
Message 814 of 2,735
Message 814 of 2,735

Lollipop Update

when Will Be The Lollipop Update Available To Zr Users In India
And Where Can I See The Further Updates Here i mean on this care support thing?
One time poster
Message 815 of 2,735
Message 815 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I've got Sony Xperia Z3(D6653)...still haven't received the lollipop update...When will I get the update?Thinking Face

Talent
Message 816 of 2,735
Message 816 of 2,735

update to lollipop

I am still in Kitkat 4.4.2 and already have new KK update 4.4.4 via OTA but I didnt update due to some bad feedback in this forum Can I still receive and install new lollipop update to my Z2 just skipping new KK update 4.4..4? Pls help

Apprentice
Message 817 of 2,735
Message 817 of 2,735

So when are we getting it in the uk?

Adviser
Message 818 of 2,735
Message 818 of 2,735

Android 5.1 Have Sony committed to giving Xperias this update in the foreseeable future?

I have seen uliwooly's post about Android 5.1 and note that Sony have put out the software binaries for AOSP Lillopop (Android 5.1) but as I understand it, to use those I have to root my device, lose my warranty and possibly lose camera funcitionality....  What is not clear to me is, if Sony have committed to doing an official upgrade to 5.1 in the forseeable future.  Can anyone enlighten me or point me in the right direction please?

I am aware I ask the question while most of us are still waiting for 5.0, but given some of the comments about the move to 5.0, I may use the responses I get to this question to decide if I really want to go to 5.0 in the first place.

Thanks for your time, and if the question has already been answered somewhere I should have found it .... I apologise for wasting your time.

Emperor
Message 819 of 2,735
Message 819 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.1 Have Sony committed to giving Xperias this update in the foreseeable future?

Any announcements will be made here

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/?rl=global-en

or here

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/sony-mobile-in-the-news/?rl=global-en

As of right now, there's no info 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 820 of 2,735
Message 820 of 2,735

Re: update to lollipop

If Lollipop it's available to your phone, you don't have to update to 4.4.4 then 5.0, just 5.0 directly. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)