account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Emperor
Message 741 of 2,735
Message 741 of 2,735

Re: Lollipop update

@Hawxprime 

Read this 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-5-0-When-are-we-getting-Lollipop-Which-Xperia...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 742 of 2,735
Message 742 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

"Comissioner", does a company that wishes to lead an industry point to its competitors failures, rather than lead by example? The links sited can be simply qualified as excuses. Just because another OEM has received negative feedback regarding an update it does not justify Sony's delay.
Commissioner
Message 743 of 2,735
Message 743 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I've flashed 🍭 5.0.2 baltic customuized and have to tell it's awesome! I think that Sony did with this update really good job. Worth to wait.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Message 744 of 2,735
Message 744 of 2,735

When i will receive android l for my xperia zr
One time poster
Message 745 of 2,735
Message 745 of 2,735

update please answer my qustione

hello...i want know when my smartphon xperia z1 c6903 gives android lolli pop pls answer this qustion is very imp for me

Inhabitant
Message 746 of 2,735
Message 746 of 2,735

screensettings

1: Will there be a update for this issue
What I'm talking about is X-reality and vivid! It doesn't simple work at all
2: the reception is terrible after update to lollipop
The difference from kitkat is to bares lower on lollipop
Thanks in advance
Oh I tried everything to solve this issue but no go
Talent
Message 747 of 2,735
Message 747 of 2,735

5.0 lollipop UK

Who is going to be the first to post when they have the latest OTA upgrade in the Uk ? Let everyone know!!!

Cheers
One time poster
Message 748 of 2,735
Message 748 of 2,735

Indonesiaaaaaa wait so long for android L. Its been a week after you said in the news. so wheres the upgrade? #z3compact
Commissioner
Message 749 of 2,735
Message 749 of 2,735

"Learner", you need to know how Sony view their involvement in the mobile industry.  Sony has said beginning of the year after making massive lost in mobile that mobile is NOT a growth market for them and will be looking for partners or even may sell it eventually.  Being slow doesn't mean you are inferior.  If the end product is a solid and less buggy software upgrade, it's better for both the users and company.  

There are always certain reasons known and unknown for a delay in release of an upgrade.  Sony don't own Android and in order for their own apps to function well in the new firmware, they have to rework their own apps BEFORE the final release.  Aren't all your Sony apps upgraded?  If you have not, please do and don't complain later why it doesn't work.

If patience is not one of your forte, augie7107, I strongly suggest you move on to Nexus so you'll get Android upgrades firsthand.  Sony has delivered their version of Android L and now it's up to local carriers to test and release the upgrade.  Can't wait? Flash your firmware, it's Android anyway.

Talent
Message 750 of 2,735
Message 750 of 2,735

I would say Sony has begun delivering their version of lollipop. They haven't quite delivered yet as they've only released it to a few select regions. There are still other regions (non carrier) that are waiting for the update.