account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Talent
Message 731 of 2,735
Message 731 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

@stockyvillage You know what I mean - KiKat 4.4.4 ... 

One time poster
Message 732 of 2,735
Message 732 of 2,735

Hello, I'm a bit confused about how should I get the lollipop update.

My Z3c is not branded to any carrier. Seems like at least some folks from my country already got the update over OTA, but I'm not sure if those were carrier phones or not.

I would like to know if this is expected (that carrier phones in a country may get the update sooner then non-carrier phones) and I should just wait more, or if this means some kind of problem and I should try the manual update that I'm seeing mentioned everywhere.

Followup qeuestion, is it possible to do manual update without unlocking bootloader or rooting the phone?

Inhabitant
Message 733 of 2,735
Message 733 of 2,735

When does the tentative Android 5 software rollout here in Saudi Arabia.
Forum Legend
Message 734 of 2,735
Message 734 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0

Another post asking the same question that no one knows

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 735 of 2,735
Message 735 of 2,735

When will xperia z2 in india get update

When will xperia d6502 z2 get the update in india
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 736 of 2,735
Message 736 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

We can agree to disagree, no problem. I simply believe that constantly being late to the party and then rolling out updates that take months to distribute isn't best practice for luring new customers or maintaining loyalty from current customers. As previously stated, I am a Sony customer and will always be as long as they keep producing phones. I also will always flash the initial release when available because I can live with the bugs of newer software, its simply a condidtion of the latest software update, regardless of industry.

Adviser
Message 737 of 2,735
Message 737 of 2,735

Where is this update lol

Commissioner
Message 738 of 2,735
Message 738 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

For those OEM who rushed to implement Android 5 just to please their fans, let's see their reaction:
www.techtimes.com/articles/40816/20150320/users-report-android-5-0-5-0-1-lollipop-problems-on-htc-on...
www.gottabemobile.com/2015/03/19/samsung-galaxy-s4-lollipop-problems/
android.stackexchange.com/questions/97351/issues-after-lollipop-update
Enthusiast
Message 739 of 2,735
Message 739 of 2,735

Nothing in mea, and no android 5 for z3 dual. Sony relase an updste of 4.4.4 after relasing android 5 to z3. What r u doing sony , you are so so do late
One time poster
Message 740 of 2,735
Message 740 of 2,735

Lollipop update

I am from India and I am using Xperia Z Ultra. I wanted to know when can I expect the Android L update for my phone?