account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 721 of 2,735
Message 721 of 2,735

Re: upgrade of xperia c3

@nrjcool

There's no news if the C3 will receive Lollipop
Inhabitant
Message 722 of 2,735
Message 722 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

When is it coming for India???
One time poster
Message 723 of 2,735
Message 723 of 2,735

this update 23.0.1.a.0.167

I got 23.0.1.a.0.167update for my sony xperia z2 few months ago,
lask week I updated it.
But yet I didn't get the lollipop update for this version.
Why is that? Is there any issues with this update
Talent
Message 724 of 2,735
Message 724 of 2,735

"When is it coming for India???"

Well, if it's anything like the Z1 & Z2's journey to KitKat, probably a lot sooner than owners of sim-free handsets in the UK!  (3 months later the UK got it...)

Emperor
Message 725 of 2,735
Message 725 of 2,735

Re: this update 23.0.1.a.0.167

Just like any other update you have to wait for the update to be approved and released in your country, if your phone is or was locked to a carrier network it will be up to them to release the update, not Sony

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 726 of 2,735
Message 726 of 2,735

Re: this update 23.0.1.a.0.167

Or you can manually update your phone

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/5934...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 727 of 2,735
Message 727 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Beadyeye, because carriers sells more phones for Sony and carriers rule the networks. Carriers built the airwave stations and will always give priorities to their paying customers. Without carriers, your unbranded phone get no signals. Since you rely on carriers to communicate on their network without paying them, why should they bother about you? Sony has no control over what carriers do in their location. The software requires approval from both governement and carriers before they are released publicly. It's the same for all phones, branded or unbranded.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 728 of 2,735
Message 728 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Settle down, I've been with Sony/Sony Ericsson since the "K" series, most likely longer than you. I know all about the regional /carrier dynamic. The point is, why has every other OEM successfully pushed upgrades while Sony is ALWAYS last? Lollipop has been released for MONTHS. Now we get a trickle update and nothing else for a week, unacceptable. I have flashed the Baltic generic on my unlocked UK handset being utilized in the US and have no problems. Pull the trigger already and dump the update globally! And FYI, you couldn't pay me to use an Apple/IOS device due to the proprietary bs, so don't think thats the message.
Commissioner
Message 729 of 2,735
Message 729 of 2,735

With only barely 2% of global penetration of Lollipop, I won't say "every" OEM had already roll out their Lollipop updates globally. Yes, Lollipop has been "announced" long ago but only released in November 2014 to Nexus phones. That's barely 5 months ago. During that time, Sony Mobile also announced that they had half their workforce in Europe to streamline their operation (maybe you are not aware), but still they are starting to deliver. If you really have been with Sony for that long, you would not have forgotten what happened to KitKat global rollout, did you?

Anyway, read the following article and see how far Sony is really behind, or not:

Android Lollipop release date and update schedule

Message 730 of 2,735
Message 730 of 2,735

@jonC That's strange as the Z2 was released with kitkat