account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 711 of 2,735
Message 711 of 2,735

Re: SLOW LOLLIPOP ROLLOUT

Why is Apple able to manage single global rollouts?

Message 712 of 2,735
Message 712 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@moatz the galaxy note 4 still hasn't been updated. At least not in the UK. And the iPhone 6 and it's 1gb of ram can **bleep** my helmet!!!
Commissioner
Message 713 of 2,735
Message 713 of 2,735

@augie7107 are u kiddin´? apple has three models of phones and use one firmware for all of them... sony have to manage much more firmwares because of phone parametres so... dont even try to compare android with ios... and if it bothers u buy **bleep**ty apple cause apple love to control people

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
One time poster
Message 714 of 2,735
Message 714 of 2,735

Can I upgrade to Android lollipop on Xperia ZR?

Can I upgrade to Android lollipop on Xperia ZR??
Adept
Message 715 of 2,735
Message 715 of 2,735

OK but teh question still stands though should be worded differently

Apple can manage a global rollout across all its models but this rollour for a single model seems to ahve stalled in the Nordics for 5 days. Yes i understand Google can take 2 weeks to rollout buy again we are nearly a week in here and still no progression, that leaves alot of teh world to sort out in a week especially as the z2 rollout is supposed to start shortly.

If only Sony would Publish a release schedule and be open about delays rather than the big press release followed by silence and denial

Emperor
Message 716 of 2,735
Message 716 of 2,735

Re: Can I upgrade to Android lollipop on Xperia ZR?

Yes, you can, whenever the update its available to your phone 

@imtinkukhan 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 717 of 2,735
Message 717 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@augie That's why apple has major cockups straight away after an update
Talent
Message 718 of 2,735
Message 718 of 2,735

I phoned Xperia care today. The lady I spoke to told me the north American firmware will be released "soon". I asked why it hasn't been rolled out yet but Baltic and Nordic have. She said that those regions were completed and tested first. So I asked what would happen if I flashed my North American z2 with the Nordic region update. She said it would void my warranty. I said OK, but if I did do that, what difference would there be between the North American Unbranded firmware, and the Nordic unbranded firmware. She said nothing. So I asked why does Sony even bother with releasing different regions. She said they are for carriers. So I advised her that neither unbranded firmware is carrier specific, and if the Nordic firmware is the exact same as the soon to be North American firmware, why separate it into 2 different firmwares. She put me on hold, then hung up on me.

Now that is quality Sony Xperia Care for you. They don't even know what they're talking about half the time. They just tell people what they're told to tell people.
Adviser
Message 719 of 2,735
Message 719 of 2,735

Lollipop isn't that impressive. There are lot of features that are annoying. But... I like it!
One time poster
Message 720 of 2,735
Message 720 of 2,735

upgrade of xperia c3

When I can get the update of xperia c3 to android 5