account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Message 651 of 2,735
Message 651 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Well Andy you just compared caramel with sH!7... I also owned first z series, and I onestly get all the updates on time without many bugs... And I was satisfied until lollipop update... The only one problem is had with sony is the screen quality ( not responding coze I dropped) I own a Z3 now and I still have 4.4 You seriously expect sp to run lollipop soon hahaha well then you need to boot it mate... Winking Face or purchase premium products and then you will get updates on time :p noooob
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 652 of 2,735
Message 652 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Yey, got lollipop on my z2! Now... Testing!
Message 653 of 2,735
Message 653 of 2,735

Nebeleizis where are you located?
Adviser
Message 654 of 2,735
Message 654 of 2,735

Romania, isn't it ironic?
Inhabitant
Message 655 of 2,735
Message 655 of 2,735

@notional89 wrote:
Well Andy you just compared caramel with sH!7... I also owned first z series, and I onestly get all the updates on time without many bugs... And I was satisfied until lollipop update... The only one problem is had with sony is the screen quality ( not responding coze I dropped) I own a Z3 now and I still have 4.4 You seriously expect sp to run lollipop soon hahaha well then you need to boot it mate... Winking Face or purchase premium products and then you will get updates on time :p noooob

Where did I say that I expect the SP to get Lollipop?? You can write but it seems you have a problem to read. It is the second time you reply to my posts with completely meaningless comments. I have mentioned that I have a Z3 Compact now.

Message 656 of 2,735
Message 656 of 2,735

Andy you stated that you bouth sp for full price no?!?! And if you think that a blocked network phone will get update at the same time as unblocked then you need to do some research... noooooooooob
Forum Legend
Message 657 of 2,735
Message 657 of 2,735

I can tell you for a fact that before generic hansets in the UK receive any update then all networks have to agree to the update - I'm not saying they have to release it but they do have to agree, Vodafone often don't release the firmware and release their own version with a different iteration

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 658 of 2,735
Message 658 of 2,735

lollipop 🍭 roll-out in middle east

Anybody knows when is lollipop going to be released in the middle east?
Emperor
Message 659 of 2,735
Message 659 of 2,735

Re: lollipop 🍭 roll-out in middle east

@fahedr Just like any other update, there' s no info on when certain country/region will get the update, if the phone is or was locked to a carrier/network, you will have to wait for them to approve and release the update. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 660 of 2,735
Message 660 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

Hello, im an user of a xperia z C6603... This update is driving me crazy... first sony told us that lollipop would be available in november, then time passed and u went fully dark on giving any news of an update.. then the update was expected to be ready in january/february.. that didnt go trough either. now we are on march 17 and we STILL dont have an exact date (or even a close one) when our phone will be updated...

I writed you via mail, twitter (both of your accounts, spanish and english), facebook, almost in every social network that i know... still no answers...

I think this is my last try... im tired of the poor costumer service, specially when its about update info

Please guys, help me! tell me the exact date of release (or maybe a close one) of lollipop for XPERIA Z.  PLS!