account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 641 of 2,735
Message 641 of 2,735

Re: lolipop ART

I ınstall lolipop. But dont support Art.
I Check Art checker. Şuna bir göz atın: "ArtChecker" -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.magicalboy.artchecker

Z3 compact
Highlighted
Sage
Message 642 of 2,735
Message 642 of 2,735

Re: lolipop ART

Highlighted
Learner
Message 643 of 2,735
Message 643 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

When can we expect the roll out to hit the UK?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 644 of 2,735
Message 644 of 2,735

Re: Starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop rollout: Xperia Z3 & Xperia Z3 Compact

@Synax wrote:

When can we expect the roll out to hit the UK?

If my previous experience with updates on an unbranded UK Xperia SP gives a clue, then it will be months before Lollipop is deployed to UK devices.

Message 645 of 2,735
Message 645 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

@Andy_dandy, you are completely wrong!!! If you purchased a mobile phone in UK on contract, you will get the update straight away when is available in our region... PS From 2012 nearly 2013 UK (especially network three) are not allowed to block your phone which means your phone is unblocked, you will be able to use any sim and all the devices should be able to update to Android L as soon as it released for all central Europe ( France , UK, Germany) etc etc Winking Face
Highlighted
Message 646 of 2,735
Message 646 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 647 of 2,735
Message 647 of 2,735

@notional89 wrote:
@Andy_Dandy, you are completely wrong!!! If you purchased a mobile phone in UK on contract, you will get the update straight away when is available in our region... PS From 2012 nearly 2013 UK (especially network three) are not allowed to block your phone which means your phone is unblocked, you will be able to use any sim and all the devices should be able to update to Android L as soon as it released for all central Europe ( France , UK, Germany) etc etc Winking Face

Well I can tell from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE that the Android 4.3 update reached UK unbranded xperia SP phones MONTHS after the deployment started. During those months several people (including me) asked Sony why and we always got the canned response on staggered rollout etc. You can check the Xperia SP forum yourself.

It was not due to any direct operator interfence because, as I said, it was with unbranded devices. My xperia SP was a phone bought at full price without a contract.

My speculation is that Sony had signed some sort of illegal exclusivity deal with one of the UK operators to ensure that 4G/LTE would be enabled only on devices running on that network for a certain period of time and the 4.3 update opened that feature to all devices by default.

(PS: the part of your post on unlocked phones is irrelevant because of course my phone was never locked to any network, however Sony didn't make the update available for the UK unbranded phones.)

Highlighted
Message 648 of 2,735
Message 648 of 2,735

Blame EE for that
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 649 of 2,735
Message 649 of 2,735

@stockyvillage wrote:
Blame EE for that

No I blame Sony because I had bought a Sony phone. I just hope this time I don't go through the same pain with the Z3 Compact because there is not going to be a third time.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 650 of 2,735
Message 650 of 2,735

Why we cannot get android 5.0 on xperia t3? There was aosp so what changed? I bought xperia phone because i thought that i get better update like from android 4.4.2 to 4.4.4. That update change nothing and i've got it on three phones and all will not get 5.0. Write answer to me because i'm disappointed. My mail is