account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Message 571 of 2,735
Message 571 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Sony Experia France tweeted lollipop release next week and also that apps to SD card is enabled as well.Sony Indonesia also said about apps to SD card on their Facebook page before the post was removed
Commissioner
Message 572 of 2,735
Message 572 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Beadyeye, if the original Android software require patches after launch, you cannot expect any adopters of the software trying to fit in their own version and apps to be free of "bugs".  What anyone call "bugs" is subjective.  What you see as an issue may not be a big deal to another.  Sony has never been consider to be "fast" in releasing updates since Sony Ericsson's days but compared to others, they are about there. If being the first to get software upgrade is what you want, than go for Nexus or better still Apple.  You will get it immediately once it's launch, with "bugs".   

Message 573 of 2,735
Message 573 of 2,735

Screenshot_2015-03-11-22-45-18.png

Highlighted
Talent
Message 574 of 2,735
Message 574 of 2,735

I'm not saying I want Sony to be the first, Sure that would be nice. I'm saying that Sony is once again last to the party. They always are. And it's not because they release a software that has less bugs. It's because they are slow, period. Lollipop has been out for months now, Sony said the rollout would start February. It's now one third through March and nothing has been certified through ptcrb still. Other manufacturers are updating their 2013 flagships, even carriers are as well. There is no excuse for this. This is incompetence at its finest.
One time poster
Message 575 of 2,735
Message 575 of 2,735

About Lollipop

When will I get update for my Z3 ?

My friend's nexus 5 has already get 5.1.0 

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 576 of 2,735
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 577 of 2,735
Message 577 of 2,735

Re: About Lollipop

Any announcement will be made on the official news blog 

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/?rl=global-en
Commissioner
Message 578 of 2,735
Message 578 of 2,735

SONY mobile is on the verge of shutting down. No profits, job cuts etc etc are currently whats going on. Probably that is the reason for delay. 

One time poster
Message 579 of 2,735
Message 579 of 2,735

Please bring up Do not disturb
Feature in upcoming software updates
Its useful
Xperia z2
Adept
Message 580 of 2,735
Message 580 of 2,735

lollipop 5.0

When is the update coming? Anyone has it Yet?