account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Commissioner
Message 561 of 2,735
Message 561 of 2,735

Re: Lollipop update for Z3 and Z3 dual sim is same

Sai,

You will receive the update only when It will release in singapore.

Commissioner
Message 562 of 2,735
Message 562 of 2,735

Hi Sai,

Its the serial number. Updates are released based on region, ture. But for those regions as well SONy have defined set of serial numbers. So even if you are in India and update is released for India, your serial number will be that of Singapore. Hance you will get it only when it will be relased in Singapore and for your serial number.

Commissioner
Message 563 of 2,735
Message 563 of 2,735

I wish to be wrong on this if update is released early in India. :smileysmileywink:

Inhabitant
Message 564 of 2,735
Message 564 of 2,735

Android lollipop for Xperia Z2

Greetings
I'm tired of refreshing the update center.
Sony does not plan to update the Xperia Z2 to Android lollipop 🍭 ? :-/
Many banal Samsung and Htc phones have received this update!
Enthusiast
Message 565 of 2,735
Message 565 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

What about z1 compact ? Z1 compact, z2 and z3 released 2014, but why separate z1 compact
Commissioner
Message 566 of 2,735
Message 566 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

The upgrade process happen from latest flag ship models to older ones... So Z1 & Z1c will get it after z3 & z2. I have a Z1c as well. Don't worry. We will eventually get it...
Message 567 of 2,735
Message 567 of 2,735

Re: When will xperia Z1 compact get android L?

Let's see, i am waiting for it on z1 compact
Message 568 of 2,735
Message 568 of 2,735

"You will eventually get it"

Yeah after We eventually get it........ Which could be a while by the looks of things....
Commissioner
Message 569 of 2,735
Message 569 of 2,735

That's right... But I think it will be less buggy. Unlike Samsung, HTC who got the updates with full of bugs...
Highlighted
Talent
Message 570 of 2,735
Message 570 of 2,735

No firmware is ever bug free. I waited forever for 4.4.4 on my z2, guess what? It still has bugs. Being slower than other manufacturers when it comes to updates can't be excused by saying "well ours has less bugs". I don't buy it. There's plenty of bugs in Sony software, just like every other manufacturers software. The difference is Sony is slower than every other manufacturer. **bleep** even tmobile released lollipop for the htc m7 which is a 2013 device!!!