account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Commissioner
Message 401 of 2,735
Message 401 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I have snet this to Gayle Weiss (Director of Marketing Activation and PR, North America). Perhaps u should send him something too.

Dear Gayle Weiss,

I´d like to ne informed about updates for xperia phones. Especially Z series. Since your company on October 16, 2014 blog "We´re bringing Android 5.0; Lollipop to the entire Xperia Z seres" (http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-ser...) there´s no more info about it. So phrase blog "so stay tuned to the blog and @SonyMobileNews" looks like joke. Even when I have tried few times contact Xperia Care no one knew and till these days knows anything. This is the way how your company communicates with customers? Just pure silence. This is unacceptable for a $ 600 device (Z3). Perhaps your company should tune to talk.sonymobile.com and read threads, especially "Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be upadted? etc" (http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-5-0-When-are-we-getting-Lollipop-Which-Xperia...). So many unsatisfied customers... So shame for such big company.

But I think there will be no changes with relationship with customers :/

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Visitor
Message 402 of 2,735
Message 402 of 2,735

Re: When will xperia Z1 compact get android L?

4 months since this thread creation , any ETA yet on this yet? My Moto G 2nd Gen has 5.0.2 already and another update is already available.

Enthusiast
Message 403 of 2,735
Message 403 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Keep on eye @ blogs.sonymobile.com
One time poster
Message 404 of 2,735
Message 404 of 2,735

Sony is a communications regarding updates to laugh . I do not mind that I have android 5 , but it bothers me that we are incapable say why it is not a particularly about it at all , or not to communicate in their own forum. Whoever is in charge there is a decent PR phlegmatic . Then let surprised that such sales are not as they would like , because this will discourage a lot of people .
Talent
Message 405 of 2,735
Message 405 of 2,735

I'm now hearing other users who have contacted Sony about the lollipop update for the z2 say Sony has confirmed to them that the roll out will be the end of March. So much for February eh Sony? Once again Sony is the last to join the party. Even though it's pushed back, I guarantee it will still be filled with bugs. This is the last straw for me. I'm done with Sony. They make great hardware, but everything else about this company is a joke. Their marketing, their software, their customer service, after sales support, everything. It's all one big joke. As I said they make great hardware and have all the pieces to succeed, but it's their corporate decisions and management that continue to ensure this company fails. Normally I'm a firm believer of "you get what you pay for" but that is not the case with Sony. I paid $800 Canadian for my phone (the most I've ever paid for a device) and this is the quality I get? 4.4.4 in November 2014 are you kidding me? That's when lollipop was released. Now lollipop will roll out by the time the next android version is released because I'm sure Sony will not meet their March deadline.

Sony you've failed time and time again. I'm left with bugs that existed since 4.4.2, never fixed in 4.4.4, and now I have to wait even longer just to find out that they're probably still not fixed with 5.0.2. This company is a joke. Sony will not get another dime out of my pocket. And they wonder why their mobile department is failing? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Commissioner
Message 406 of 2,735
Message 406 of 2,735

About lollipop update

hey guys what do u think about lollipop update for xperia z2..i think it soon because today i sow in sony site there is a brand logo in lollipop update

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 407 of 2,735
Message 407 of 2,735

They say this month (february).

FB_IMG_1424929254364.jpg

But I doubt. Lollipop is not even certified for Z3 (https://ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=26395). I see it will be available after March 5th, after MWC where Z4 tablet and M4 aqua will be presented with 5.0 lollipop.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Genius
Message 408 of 2,735
Message 408 of 2,735

Re: About lollipop update

It is rolling out but when you get it depends on where you live & once your carrier approves it :smileysmileywink:

Rookie
Message 409 of 2,735
Message 409 of 2,735

when will the update to 5.0

when will the update to 5.0

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 410 of 2,735
Message 410 of 2,735

Re: when will the update to 5.0

There is no information on it