account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Inhabitant
Message 361 of 2,735
Message 361 of 2,735

When is android 5 coming to the xperiaz3?

Does anyone know or have any updates? I been keeping up to date on the twitter and also many speculate that it would be February. I haven't seen any OTA. Anyone have any ideas?
Forum Legend
Message 362 of 2,735
Message 362 of 2,735

Re: When is android 5 coming to the xperiaz3?

We know as much as you from reading blogs but I wouldn't think it would be much longer - I'd imagine March being part of the 1st quarter

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Learner
Message 363 of 2,735
Message 363 of 2,735

Feedback for next Android Lollipop Update Sony Xperia

Some tips for Sony Mobile, about the new update Android Lollipop. You can implement the new Camera2 API?

It would be interesting and useful to introduce a blacklist for calls from unwanted numbers.

For the new Xperia Home launcher would be very nice to introduce "News Social Life" with a Swipe to the left, as with Google Now

I love themes. Could be enhanced level of theming going to change even the icons of individual app present in the app drawer.

This is what I want.Sorry for bad English.
A big fan of Sony Xperia.Simone
Rookie
Message 364 of 2,735
Message 364 of 2,735

Xperia Z3 Lollipop Update

Hi,

I saw this on the Internet. Can any one confirm this? This sounds legit to me because they were the first one who broke the news about Z getting KitKat.

http://smartphonetechie.com/xperia-z3-lollipop-update-is-just-around-the-corner/

Message 365 of 2,735
Message 365 of 2,735

Re: Xperia Z3 Lollipop Update

It's a legit record that wifi alliance certified the z3 on the 16th
The rest is guesswork 100%

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Forum Legend
Message 366 of 2,735
Message 366 of 2,735

No firmware has been certified that's just an image of the body signing off on the wifi - To check certification then check out PTCRB

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 367 of 2,735
Message 367 of 2,735

You can also add Sony has been quite busy lately with its app updates on both the playstore and Sony update center
Rookie
Message 368 of 2,735
Message 368 of 2,735

Yes true that. A lot of applications are getting updates with material design!

One time poster
Message 369 of 2,735
Message 369 of 2,735

Want metallic design

Hey guys I'm really enjoying the experience on my Z2 it's really great working with alot of perfomance and soo rare bugs till now with 1 month of using it
I'm really excited about the lollipop and how it's going to look... It's a personal idea but i want it to be material and guys please update the camera app make it metallic outside and inside please... Keep up the good work
Emperor
Message 370 of 2,735
Message 370 of 2,735

Re: Want metallic design

@khaled11_jvoxo What do you mean metallic design?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)