account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Visitor
Message 341 of 2,735
Message 341 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

maybe its because of the drm keys that stop them from releasing the update earlier
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 342 of 2,735
Message 342 of 2,735

lollipop update

When will we get the update?
Forum Legend
Message 343 of 2,735
Message 343 of 2,735

Re: lollipop update

As we keep saying - No one knows

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 344 of 2,735
Message 344 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Sony will release lollipop early june this year.
Commissioner
Message 345 of 2,735
Message 345 of 2,735

As they write on sony blog: at the beginning of 2015. They probably meant november 2015 Grinning Face but worst of all, we shoul stay tuned on they blog where is BIG nothing!!!

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Learner
Message 346 of 2,735
Message 346 of 2,735

lollypop

Does anyone have any idea.as to when.Sony are gonna.roll out the next on update for the Sony zoom range!
Apprentice
Message 347 of 2,735
Message 347 of 2,735

When to get Android L update for Z2 in INDIA

We r now tired of looking at this big big icons of Android 4.4.4, Sony has announced that Feb 2015 will release android L, OTA. Where is it? Why taking so.. Much of time on that?
Sony Pls answer.
Commissioner
Message 348 of 2,735
Message 348 of 2,735

from todays xperia care support:

You have now been connected to an agent.
Rose: Hi Martin, thank you for contacting Sony Xperia UK Chat Support. My name is Rose, please could I take your full name and email address?
Martin Mrmus : Martin Mrmus
Rose: Thank you for providing me with this information, with regards to the query you posted, I am sorry for any confusion over the release date of 5.0.
Rose: We are aiming to release this to all aplicable handset starting in early this year.
Rose: The roll out will be gradual once it has been release.
Rose: We are still in the first quarter of 2015 and so expect the roll out to begin in this first quarter.
Martin Mrmus : So why don't u update you blog or release some info? There was first february, now it looks like march and it'll end with november
Rose: I am sorry that you feel this way. We will release any information once we have confirmation of it.
Rose: I hope the information I have provided is okay. Is there anything else I can help you with today, Martin?

So, what do u think? Grinning Face Soooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooooow

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Message 349 of 2,735
Message 349 of 2,735

Nothing worse than waiting with little or no information. Transparency goes a long way....
Apprentice
Message 350 of 2,735
Message 350 of 2,735

First quarter is from January to March, so if the woman is correct, then it sounds like it may arrive in March. I would assume that if she said "soon", then it probably would be by the end of February. Or maybe sony wants to release lollipop with carriers at the same time? Who knows.