account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Demigod
Message 41 of 2,735
Message 41 of 2,735

Re: What if I don't want Android Lollipop?

@TomKay wrote:

Or will there be a way to opt out that does not mean you'll have to live with an update icon in the notification bar forever?

P.S.: I haven't made up my mind regarding Android L yet. Currently, I'd be wary of changing because it took me a long time to configure everything so that battery lifetime is maximised, and I'm not yet sold on the new "L" design. However, I may change my mind in the future, once I've seen more of Android "L".

You will have to live with that icon. Only current firmware is up to date with security updates and noone will update older firmwares just because someone doesn't want newest firmware. It's the same in other manufacturers, including iPhone/iPad. You have to either update to 8.1 or live with unpatched OS and in case of any service/update/malfuntion you will be forced to update to the most recent firmware.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Message 42 of 2,735
Message 42 of 2,735

We’re bringing Android 5.0; Lollipop to the entire Xperia Z Series

We’ll be making Sony Mobile’s Android “L” upgrade available for the entire premium Z series*: including Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1S, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3v, Xperia Z3 Compact and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition devices will be first up – we’ll be back with more details on that soon.
Enthusiast
Message 43 of 2,735
Message 43 of 2,735

Re: What if I don't want Android Lollipop?

That news is for the Z flagship series

What about the other phone like the mid range such as T series and C also M ?

Will it be announced later ?

I hope so..

Cause not everyone can afford to buy new phone to get the latest android version Grinning Face 

Especially if that's out of my budget Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 44 of 2,735
Message 44 of 2,735

Android L update?

Does anybody know whether sony will be realeasing the android L update for this phone in the future?

Emperor
Message 45 of 2,735
Message 45 of 2,735

Re: Android L update?

No

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 46 of 2,735
Message 46 of 2,735

Sony Z, Zl, ZR are getting Android L update confirmed..!!

Sony Z, Zl, ZR are getting Android L update confirmed..!!
Sony is strengthening its z series and showing they are customer oriented
A big hat off to sony for this....!!!

Link -http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-ser...
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 47 of 2,735
Message 47 of 2,735

When are getting Android 5.0 Lollipop for Sony Xperia ZR?

as confirmed by sony in below link When are getting Android 5.0 Lollipop for Sony Xperia ZR?

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-ser...

You’ve probably seen Google unveil Android version 5.0; Lollipop…

Since the initial reveal of the Android “L” Developer Preview, we’ve seen lots of questions on our upgrade roadmap about our plans – so, here goes…

We’ll be making Sony Mobile’s Android “L” upgrade available for the entire premium Z series*: including Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1S, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3v, Xperia Z3 Compact and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition devices will be first up – we’ll be back with more details on that soon.

We’ll start the upgrade at beginning of 2015 for the core Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 series – continuing thereafter for all remaining devices above.

We’ve been working hard to bring this major update to as many of our Z Series devices as we can, as quickly as we can. We’re really excited about the new Sony features & functionality and the improvements we’ve made to the user experience – and we’ll be sharing more soon…

Talent
Message 48 of 2,735
Message 48 of 2,735

Google Lollipop/5.0 Upgrade (UK)

Well, I am sure we all know about the up and coming upgrade, I have always been a Google Nexus owner up until I recently changed to Sony, so I will have to wait along with the rest of you.

I know I am stating the obvious, but as soon as anyone in the UK gets the upgrade, can you post it asap ?

Thanks

One time poster
Message 49 of 2,735
Message 49 of 2,735

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop?

when the update is dew? (lollipop)

Commissioner
Message 50 of 2,735
Message 50 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop?

ording to sony plans you have to wait until the next year fure the detail go to this 

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-ser...

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG