account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

One time poster
Message 21 of 2,735
Message 21 of 2,735

any one knows xperia z will get android 5 update?

hi every one

i want to know about xperia z android 5 update

thanks

Spoiler

Forum Legend
Message 22 of 2,735
Message 22 of 2,735

Re: any one knows xperia z will get android 5 update?

We are unable to answer such questions and have no influence to be able to acquire the answer - You need to contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 23 of 2,735
Message 23 of 2,735

Android 5.0 for Xperia Z

i went through some posts and got to know that there may be no lollipop update for Xperia Z. 

Please please please please give an updte for Xperia Z as well. Since Z is the start of all Z series and you really cannot ignore this. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE give an update of Android 5.0 for Sony Xperia Z.

Forum Legend
Message 24 of 2,735
Message 24 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 for Xperia Z

I'll be saying this a few times

Read the 1st post

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 25 of 2,735
Message 25 of 2,735

Re: When will xperia Z1 compact get android L?

Ok, so now, Android 5.0 Lollipo is official and released.

When could we expect a communication from Sony on next smartphone updates ?

The good point is that Software Updates page from Sony Support of Z1C has mentionned 4.4.4 as "Latest" and not "Latest & Final" like some older products.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-z1-compact/

Question is when ?

Message 26 of 2,735
Message 26 of 2,735

update to android l

Whether z1compact getting android l update?
Highlighted
Message 27 of 2,735
Message 27 of 2,735

Will Xperia Z getting android L?

The latest android version "android L", would it be available for Xperia Z?
Talent
Message 28 of 2,735
Message 28 of 2,735

android L

Looks like us m2 owners are not going to be getting the L update. Only the z series cheers sony think I'm gonna unlock my bootloader and root my phone now even if it is brand new and I have never done it before...
Adviser
Message 29 of 2,735
Message 29 of 2,735

Great news entire Xperia Z series will be upgraded to android 5.0 lollipop 🍭

blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-series/
Talent
Message 30 of 2,735
Message 30 of 2,735

Re: Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

I have just emailed sony asking whether us loyal m2 owners are getting android L update or will it only be the z series. I shall post reply on here when I get it or should that be if.