account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 5.0 When are we getting Lollipop? Which Xperias will be updated? etc

Forum Legend
Message 2451 of 2,735
Message 2451 of 2,735

Re: 14.5.A.0.270 update

Just because it's the same model and you are in the same country doesn't mean you have the same firmware customization version - All you can do is manually update and use another countries firmware - See here for details

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 2452 of 2,735
Message 2452 of 2,735

so where can I can find the files can you send me a link for that uptade?

Regular
Message 2453 of 2,735
Message 2453 of 2,735

Should I Update?

My current phone Xperia SP, was great for two months and then it got Jelly Bean update and it became useless and Sont stopped surport. Tomorrow my Z3 will arrive with KitKat, should I update to Lollipop or not? I don't want to end up with another brick. Your advice would be much apriciated. 

Emperor
Message 2454 of 2,735
Message 2454 of 2,735

Re: Should I Update?

@rifraf58

Most of the opinions will be bias on this forum, why? because its a support forum, most of the users that post here had or are experiencing issues, at the end of the day it's up to you, my suggestion, update to lollipop then reinstall lollipop with PCC to smooth things out. 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 2455 of 2,735
Message 2455 of 2,735

I would say yes. OK some people have reported bugs and such. Me I'm having a great time with it Slightly smiling Face
Learner
Message 2456 of 2,735
Message 2456 of 2,735

Cant' upgrade to Lollipop after Repair with PC Companion

I had Android 5.0.2 installed on my D5503. After being in service for vibration motor change,

I got it back with Android 4.4.2 and I cant' upgrade it to Lollipop anymore.

It says "Your device already has the latest available system updates",  no matter OTA or with PC Companion.

I tried even "Repair my phone" option from PC Companion and it still installs 4.4.2

What can be the reason why my phone cant' see latest Android 5.0.2

Emperor
Message 2457 of 2,735
Message 2457 of 2,735

Re: Cant' upgrade to Lollipop after Repair with PC Companion

@Juhanjuku

You have 3 options

1) wait for the update to become available

2) contact your local Xperia Care

3) manually flash your phone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2458 of 2,735
Message 2458 of 2,735

My experience with 5.0.2 on was Z3 was really great. But I'm currently suffering with 5.1 update.Sony support has no answer to the bugs. I'd say NO,just  wait for more updates.

Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.

Forum Legend
Message 2459 of 2,735
Message 2459 of 2,735

I already have - Click the link and follow the instruction to download and flash the file

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 2460 of 2,735
Message 2460 of 2,735

Re: Cant' upgrade to Lollipop after Repair with PC Companion

Sounds like a different customized firmware has been installed