account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 Lollipop FAQ

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Android 5.0 Lollipop FAQ

Android 5.0 Lollipop FAQ

Hi all forum users!

I have put together an list of questions with answers that we often see in regards to the Android 5.0 Lollipop update.
This FAQ will be updated whenever its needed.

Android-Lollipop-1.jpg

Please check this topic first, your question may be listed and already have an answer.

Why am I not able to update to Android 5.0 Lollipop?

The Android 5.0 Lollipop just as many other of our software updates rolls out gradually over regions, networks and time. Therefore it is not possible for us to tell you exactly when it will arrive for your specific device but stay up-to-date with our product blog for the latest information about software roll out and devices.

You will receive a notification in your Xperia device when the Android 5.0 update is available for you.

If the Android 5.0 Lollipop update fails this can be due to server overload so I kindly ask you to just try again later. This happens from time to time whenever we release a new software update.  

Why can’t I see any lock screen notification?

When going through the setup wizard of Android 5.0 you will be prompted with a setting for lock screen notifications. If you miss this you can configure it later via Settings > Sound & notification > When device is locked > Show all notification content

NOTE: If you have configured any Exchange Active sync account with the Android native client it may run policies which restrict the feature of having lock screen notifications.

I’m not able to use ”Swipe” or “None” as screen lock

If you previously had a screen lock such as PIN or pattern password set to your device before the Android 5.0 Lollipop update you may experience problems changing the screen lock back to Swipe or None.

To fix this simply go to Settings > Security > Clear credentials.
This won’t delete any personal data such as contacts, calendar messages etc.

Where did Bluetooth and Face-unlock go?

The lock features Face-unlock and Bluetooth unlock has now been moved into the menu called Smart Lock. In order to activate Smart Lock you will need to first set a secure screen lock such as PIN or pattern password. In order to activate Smart Lock you will need to first set a secure screen lock such as PIN or pattern password. You can do this and find Smart Lock via Settings > Security.

Where is Location based Wi-Fi?

I our Android 5.0 Lollipop update the developers have worked hard on improving the power management, including Wi-Fi scanning. So there was no longer any reason for keeping Location based Wi-Fi since Android 5.0 has such improvements made to the Wi-Fi scanning.

Where is the Update Center application?

In the Android 5.0 Lollipop update the Update Center application has now been replaced with the What’s New app. What’s new will notifiy you about all our media application updates and help you download them to you device.

System updates will now be managed via the native menu found, Settings > About phone > Software update.

My messages are gone after the Android 5.0 update?

After you update to Android 5.0 the system will need some time to index all your messages and depending on how many you have this process can take up to 30 min. So no worries, they are still with you.

Various applications crash after the Android 5.0 update?

After you’ve installed the Android 5.0 update you may experience that some of your downloaded applications may crash suddenly or not work at all. The reason for this that you may be running an old installation of the application itself and you may need to reinstall the application or contact the application developer to check for Lollipop compatibility.

How do I clear several notifications at the same time?

In Android 5.0 the notification panel has two steps. To be able to clear all your notifications with just one press you will need to access the second layer of the notification panel. You can do this by swiping the status bar down twice or use two fingers when swiping the status bar down.

Where did all Chrome tabs go?

In the latest version of Google Chrome all tabs are by default merged with recent apps.  If you want the old school way of switching between tabs just open Chrome > Press the three vertical dots > Settings > Merge tabs and apps.

How do I make my Xperia device visible for Bluetooth networks?

In Android 5.0 some changes has been made to Bluetooth visibility. All you need to do is go to Settings > Bluetooth > And enable Bluetooth.
As long as you have Bluetooth enabled and stand in this menu your device will be visible. When you leave this window your device will not be visible any more.

Some fields turn turquoise from time to time?

The reason for this is because some applications and themes are not yet fully optimized for Android 5.0 and therefore the system will display a fall back color, which in this case is the native turquoise Android Lollipop color.